5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Gotta be careful on this forum!

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
I do feel bad for all the folks with issues and am glad some have found sympathy and/or resolutions on the forum.
However, I really love my Ram and am afraid if I keep reading other's issues, I may start finding issues with my truck, that I never would have noticed. Ignorance is bliss...and I am enjoying my honeymoon period.
This forum can be addicting, so I just need to be more selective of the posts I read. ;-)

19ramsport

Reaction score
It can make you paranoid. I've only had mine 2 weeks. Only glitch so far was that I had no sound from the radio (8.4 screen) the other day, but it came back on after I cycled through back to AM and then FM and Satellite worked again.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just use it as a checklist for myself ..
If I have one of the issues, I have a few solutions to try to confirm it is "real" and not just a single glitch. Then I can take it to the dealer and talk to the tech(s) and show them what is going on. I've already talked to a few about the PanoRoof Drains being wrong from the factory.

Klute

Reaction score
Reading about some issues it makes you almost want to find issues that aren't there. I am almost talking myself into the hard downshift issue...maybe, maybe not?

I prefer to be fat, drunk and stupid. Life (and your new truck) is much easier to enjoy.

Last edited:

James1414d

Reaction score
I do feel bad for all the folks with issues and am glad some have found sympathy and/or resolutions on the forum.
However, I really love my Ram and am afraid if I keep reading other's issues, I may start finding issues with my truck, that I never would have noticed. Ignorance is bliss...and I am enjoying my honeymoon period.
This forum can be addicting, so I just need to be more selective of the posts I read. ;-)
I am a Subaru technician. They are great cars, but occasionally there will be a customer who has a problem vehicle. I get their frustration for sure. I feel this new Ram is a great vehicle too and I understand people's frustration with the issues they've had. With that said, I think it is a well built vehicle. It sucks to get the bad apple.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
12 years ago I got rid of my BMW M3 because of my M3 forum. Understanding people only go on to talk about the negative situations or problems left me feeling nervous. I ended up selling it but I guess I will never know if it would of been a good car. THough BMW's aren't the most reliable.

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
12 years ago I got rid of my BMW M3 because of my M3 forum. Understanding people only go on to talk about the negative situations or problems left me feeling nervous. I ended up selling it but I guess I will never know if it would of been a good car. THough BMW's aren't the most reliable.
Don't I know it. I ordered and brought two BMW 335's back from Germany with me in 2008. My wife's, the sedan, would have $1200 - $1500 in repairs each year. Mine, the hard top convertible, would average $100-$300. Eventhough they both had the same engine. Full disclosure: her car was more the "every day" car and mine was the "date car". But still, there was a big difference in the issues/repairs with the two engines. My son totaled her's 3 years ago, but mine is still the "Date Car". Now she has a 2016 Honda Accord.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Only issue I really had was the AC passenger side blowing hot air and the driver was cold with the AC set to low on both sides. It was the computer glitch of something. After playing around with it for a little bit the passenger side "reset" itself and all is good again.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
You think this is bad

See the Cummins forum.
You have people who hate the new, disparage what others have and then offer little to no help if and when something pops up. Because they told you so.

This forum is a lot different. It’s all perspective. Take what you see with a grain of salt. Notice what’s important, forget the rest and come back when or if you have an issue.

Personally I support the positive posts like this. It’s great to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram92131

Reaction score
Yes, it might be helpful if the forum were split in two. One section for "News, cool mods, new features, and accessories" and another entitled "abandon all hope ye who enter."
Definitely a good suggestion. We should have a dedicated section for problem and TSB threads. Also a separate section for the sales process so we don’t have to be reminded that current deals are better than we got every time we browse the General Discussion area. It would make the forum a lot better. I for one would spend more time here and contribute more. Mods, please take note.

Raydar

Reaction score
Forums remind me of when I worked in a shop repairing electronic equipment. I got a poor view of many of our products because all we ever saw were the broken ones. Since we were a repair shop, we never heard about the units that chugged happily along and worked properly.
With that said... I've had my truck for about six weeks and have logged ~3000 miles. Love it!

KSOTI

Reaction score
I agree with some of the OP's "ignorance is bliss" attitude toward their truck. BUT every Ram owner needs to go lift their floormats and check for dampness. Water leaks left unaddressed =no bueno. Dry=congratulations! Move on fat dumb and happy. But too many of us are "all wet" to ignore the possibility of a water leak.

drstein

Reaction score
This is too funny. Same here, no issues, but the more you read, the more you think, good grief., and start to LOOK for problems that aren't there. But I worked a GM Dealer in the 80s so I know the pain of customers having a new vehicles that are not right. Mass production, and fingers crossed !!

mharringer

Reaction score
Reading about some issues it makes you almost want to find issues that aren't there. I am almost talking myself into the hard downshift issue...maybe, maybe not?

I prefer to be fat, drunk and stupid. Life (and your new truck) is much easier to enjoy.

I did the same thing!! When I took my truck for my REAL sound problem, I asked them to check out the tranny for the same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread