5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To remove Auto E-Brake Safety Feature

HuskerThor

Reaction score
It is simple and in the settings.

Attachments

• F766271B-8402-4A0B-8C32-81707E2D704E.jpeg
    F766271B-8402-4A0B-8C32-81707E2D704E.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 07C28623-B0AC-40EB-8269-95346798AC62.jpeg
    07C28623-B0AC-40EB-8269-95346798AC62.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 137

Derek

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ridiculous feature that instantly slams on the emergency brake if your backing up with the door open can be bi-passed? I also had it happen when my rear park sense thought I was too close to an object. I have to squeeze my truck into my garage and often do this. It is driving me crazy.

@Rammit Old thread, but I found this in the Owners Manual and think this is what you're looking for (with regard to backing with the door open).

SafeHold
SafeHold is a safety feature of the Electric Park Brake System that will engage the park brake automatically if the vehicle is left unsecured while the ignition is in ON/RUN.
For automatic transmissions, the park brake will automatically engage if all of the following conditions are met:
• The vehicle is at a standstill.
• There is no attempt to depress the brake pedal or acceler-ator pedal.
• The seat belt is unbuckled.
• The driver door is open.
SafeHold can be temporarily bypassed by pushing the Electric Park Brake Switch while the driver door is open. Once manually bypassed, SafeHold will be enabled again once the vehicle reaches 12 mph (20 km/h) or the ignition is turned to the OFF position and back to ON again.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Rammit Old thread, but I found this in the Owners Manual and think this is what you're looking for (with regard to backing with the door open).

SafeHold
SafeHold is a safety feature of the Electric Park Brake System that will engage the park brake automatically if the vehicle is left unsecured while the ignition is in ON/RUN.
For automatic transmissions, the park brake will automatically engage if all of the following conditions are met:
• The vehicle is at a standstill.
• There is no attempt to depress the brake pedal or acceler-ator pedal.
• The seat belt is unbuckled.
• The driver door is open.
SafeHold can be temporarily bypassed by pushing the Electric Park Brake Switch while the driver door is open. Once manually bypassed, SafeHold will be enabled again once the vehicle reaches 12 mph (20 km/h) or the ignition is turned to the OFF position and back to ON again.
That’s the first time I’ve heard that. Thanks for posting. I will try that next time.

Hemisport1500

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ridiculous feature that instantly slams on the emergency brake if your backing up with the door open can be bi-passed? I also had it happen when my rear park sense thought I was too close to an object. I have to squeeze my truck into my garage and often do this. It is driving me crazy.
Easiest solution for me was to buy a 3" seat belt extender. It's always plugged in and it won't slam into park if you open door. Screenshot_20201114-174252_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hemisport1500

Reaction score

TxRancher

Reaction score
You can disable the automatic breaking function (I'm not sure if you are asking this or asking of you can disable if from occurring only when you open a door, which I dont think is possible).

View attachment 4346

On the 12 inch Uconnect, there is a option in the settings menu, under the safety and driving assistance menu

View attachment 4347
I know this is an old subject, but it just helped me a lot. Damn auto brake scared the hell out of me and I was still 20 feet away from an obstacle. Thank you for the tip!

Zolazar

Reaction score
Old post but, I purchased my 19 Ram 1500 used... 2 weeks after owning it... backed into a power pole! $2.5k in damage. Previous owner had turned it off!

Don't mind the slamming on the brakes now! I just think "remember what it could have cost you?"

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s sucks. Especially since you just got it. Hope you get it fixed quickly and enjoy the truck.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I commented in another thread that backing a trailer turning into it's spot with the door open and unbuckled, like actually working with the truck, keeps happening to me. The seat belt plug looks like the only true solution. Would've been nice to use a seat weight switch like a lawn tractor, that would've been the only actually needed safety limiter. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread