5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to program auto-fold on the automatic fold in side view mirrors?

ohiojohn

Reaction score
I would love it if my side view mirrors could fold in when I lock my truck, is there a way to program this?

willypilgrim

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of unnecessary reps on the motor for them. I pretty much only use them when parking on the street, seems silly to have them fold in when parking at home.

clazer

Reaction score
Yep, my grand Cherokee did it and it was nice around town.

Jims380da

Reaction score
I asked in another thread and I received a few replies that it's not possible. My Sierra had that feature and was very useful to me. Wish I had it on RAM

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Tazer dt will let you auto fold when engine turned off.
So what does the Tazer DT do with regards to these things?

Disable Fog lamp dropout
Set LED 3rd brake light type
Set LED Fog light type
Set LED tail lamp type
Set LED front turn signal type

I am assuming the fog light drop out is that they stay on when the brights are on?

U

User_18177

So what does the Tazer DT do with regards to these things?

Disable Fog lamp dropout
Set LED 3rd brake light type
Set LED Fog light type
Set LED tail lamp type
Set LED front turn signal type

I am assuming the fog light drop out is that they stay on when the brights are on?
Read up on the Tazer DT here: https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-dt/?v=7516fd43adaa
It enables many things to include auto mirror folding when powering off. And if you're into this sort of thing, you can program light shows as seen in this youtube video:

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Read up on the Tazer DT here: https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-dt/?v=7516fd43adaa
It enables many things to include auto mirror folding when powering off. And if you're into this sort of thing, you can program light shows as seen in this youtube video:
I did read it and was going to call and ask them questions but they want freakn text messages only.
Just was curious if it let the fogs stay on with the high beams. The folding mirrors on shutoff would be fine but will the open on start or do you have to do it everytime?

U

User_18177

I did read it and was going to call and ask them questions but they want freakn text messages only.
Just was curious if it let the fogs stay on with the high beams. The folding mirrors on shutoff would be fine but will the open on start or do you have to do it everytime?
I don't have it yet, but I am about to order one. I will tell you my understanding is that when you start your truck they will expand outward and when you shut it off, they will fold back in. I have also read that you can program the fog lights to stay on with the high beams but until I have mine maybe a current owner can chime in. Additionally you may be able to extract that info from one of the forums in here. I'll be more than happy to try anything out once I get mine.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Mirrors fold out on starting, and yes you can have the fogs stay on with high beams.

aametzger

Reaction score
330 bucks to avoid pushing a button?
I don't have one, but I would imagine people who get it do so for multiple features that make it worth it to them. I think it does speedo calibration and allows for other customizations too. But yea, if folding mirrors was the only thing you wanted, that would be a high price to pay. That said, the value people put on things is subjective and different for everyone. The money I have spent on cosmetic changes on my truck is a perfect example. It works for me because it was important to me, to others it would be considered a waste of money (my wife included :) lol )

U

User_18177

Exactly. I was only answering the question and highlighted the light show feature. I wouldn’t get it just for that but it can be fun. I used mine to adjust for a larger tire size so my speedo is now spot on where it was previously 5 mph off. I sometimes use the side mirror auto fold feature if I’m out and about all day and also set up the feature to enter an address in the NAV system while the truck is in motion. That’s about it but the biggest reason I got was, as I mentioned, adjusting for the larger tires. I rather have the device in the long run instead of paying close to the same amount for a dealer to adjust it one time only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread