5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

GATORB8

Reaction score
TRX is listed on the affiliate exclusions once I log in:
All eligible vehicle models may not be available at the time of purchase. Dodge Challenger Demon, 2020 Jeep® Wrangler Hybrid, and all FIAT® 500e and Ram TRX models are currently not eligible for this program

Reactions: Jtr
U

User_3336

You ain't getting no discount on a TRX! Markup ABOVE MSRP if any! LOL

Reactions: Jtr

Lamiglas

Reaction score
[email protected] is offering invoice minus holdbacks. He was fantastic to work with! Finalized/submitted the order on Saturday and received the VIN number today!

wammio

Reaction score
Placed an order with Aaron at Mark Dodge the other day.

Got a 3500 Cummins SRW Big Horn Night Edition for 7k off msrp. Process was super painless thanks to him and took like 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I added this to the the guide yesterday. Phillip contacted me with the recommendation.
A new option for people in the northwest part of the country.

Gary Spencer is offering invoice pricing minus dealer holdback. This is not a bad deal with the current chip shortage and many dealers wanting MSRP or higher.
You can find invoice pricing and dealer holdback for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

Gary Spencer, Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Moses Lake, Washington
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Email [email protected] (Best Contact Method)
Office Number 509-765-4517 ext 4107
Cell 509-760-0175

ski107

Reaction score
Anyone have any good dealers to work with in the New England region? Or should I look into a Virginia fly and drive?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any good dealers to work with in the New England region? Or should I look into a Virginia fly and drive?

Look further, like Louisiana. I mean you might be able to find a needle in the haystack, Virginia dealers don't have the best reputations either. Not a lot of dealers discounting out there at all right now.

U

User_3336

Look further, like Louisiana. I mean you might be able to find a needle in the haystack, Virginia dealers don't have the best reputations either. Not a lot of dealers discounting out there at all right now.
Dealer here NOW is adding a $4,995 "market adjustment" on to every RAM and JEEP
*****Just because they have them and other's dont!******
you still get the rebates (what ever they maybe), but the markup negates that.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I think I heard Koons Tysons in VA was doing volume deals on the Wrangler, may do the same on Rams.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer here NOW is adding a $4,995 "market adjustment" on to every RAM and JEEP
*****Just because they have them and other's dont!******
you still get the rebates (what ever they maybe), but the markup negates that.

That's sad, but becoming all too common. What dealer is that?

I think I heard Koons Tysons in VA was doing volume deals on the Wrangler, may do the same on Rams.

I heard they used to be decent to deal with, but not so much good feedback anymore. I could be wrong, but I believe they were one of the dealers double dipping the $1,695 destination fee. Wouldn't be surprised at a healthy doc fee either. Not sure on their current pricing otherwise. One in Virginia I remember trying to deal with was Safford, they were pretty horrible all around but also did the destination double dip and a $900 doc fee.

Maybe someone else can confirm how koons has been recently?

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
That's sad, but becoming all too common. What dealer is that?

I heard they used to be decent to deal with, but not so much good feedback anymore. I could be wrong, but I believe they were one of the dealers double dipping the $1,695 destination fee. Wouldn't be surprised at a healthy doc fee either. Not sure on their current pricing otherwise. One in Virginia I remember trying to deal with was Safford, they were pretty horrible all around but also did the destination double dip and a $900 doc fee.

Maybe someone else can confirm how koons has been recently?
Received pricing from Mark Dodge thanks to your rec Joe. Very happy with the pricing. Plus their doc fee with no extras is 219.Plus you get whatever incentives are being offered on delivery. I didn't confirm it yet but they advertise delivery within 250 miles no extra charge. My plan is to fly from NJ to LA, go to New Orleans and find a spot to have truck delivered once it is in. Lake Charles is about 200 miles west of New Orleans. Contacted Aaron and he bumped me to Sandi in orders. She's a doll-totally responsive. All of this without haggling. Be sure to mention this forum. I'm waiting on ordering a Laramie until the restrictions on safety group (chips) and 22'' tires is lifted. Then I will order asap.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received pricing from Mark Dodge thanks to your rec Joe. Very happy with the pricing. Plus their doc fee with no extras is 219.Plus you get whatever incentives are being offered on delivery. I didn't confirm it yet but they advertise delivery within 250 miles no extra charge. My plan is to fly from NJ to LA, go to New Orleans and find a spot to have truck delivered once it is in. Lake Charles is about 200 miles west of New Orleans. Contacted Aaron and he bumped me to Sandi in orders. She's a doll-totally responsive. All of this without haggling. Be sure to mention this forum. I'm waiting on ordering a Laramie until the restrictions on safety group (chips) and 22'' tires is lifted. Then I will order asap.
Sandi is fantastic to work with. I may fly into NO as well, but I'm really tempted to drive it from the dealership just because the entire process has been so honest and straight forward so far.

ski107

Reaction score
Any idea if they do delivery farther away or how much that might run? I suppose I can get in touch with them and see.

Reaction score
Any idea if they do delivery farther away or how much that might run? I suppose I can get in touch with them and see.
I'm in Reno, NV. 2,007 miles (per Google Maps) from Mark Dodge. Sandi estimated it would cost me $1,400-1,600 to have the truck shipped to me. Seems reasonable.

Edit: She said they are also happy to coordinate this on my behalf. They really do provide an excellent customer experience.

U

User_3336

I might be be old school, but I want to DRIVE a truck before I sign on the dotted line.

Does it vibrate? Does it have rattles? Does it have any squeaks? Are there any flaws in the paint.

Tomo366

Reaction score
Koons has several Ram 1500’s that were as I wanted 3 weeks ago they marked them up 6K and they were over 76 K already…..they are now back to sticker however I saw the same truck 80 miles away for 8K less than sticker So I will not Purchase from Koons or Criswell in the DC area who are supposedly supporters of this Forum

U

User_3336

Koons has several Ram 1500’s that were as I wanted 3 weeks ago they marked them up 6K and they were over 76 K already…..they are now back to sticker however I saw the same truck 80 miles away for 8K less than sticker So I will not Purchase from Koons or Criswell in the DC area who are supposedly supporters of this Forum
Its not uncommon for markup, its happening here. Depends on supply and demand. However, I have not seen any dealer here 8,000 LESS than sticker.
You want a RAM now, you're probably gonna pay a premium price. People don't have to pay it either.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not in the car-sales business, but I just wanted to toss out some food for thought.
If you're a dealer that normally sells 300 new cars a month (just making up a number here), then you need to make X from each sale to cover overhead and profit.
But due to limited inventory, you can now only sell 50 new cars a month. Well, you still have overhead to cover. So you have to mark up these cars more to cover your fixed overhead (location costs, insurance, electricity, etc). Some of the overhead goes down (less sales people), but the total is still a higher PERCENTAGE of revenue than it was before.

I'm sure there's some decent profit being made here as well (supply/demand). But the true economics of the situation are probably different than they appear to the casual observer.

Users who are viewing this thread