5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Dragon_RAM

Reaction score
Anyone here deal with any Texas dealers and get a great price? Willing to fly into Texas if it makes sense. Obviously I’m contacting the other volume dealers already discussed in the thread.

Kimkeys99

Reaction score
Anyone here deal with any Texas dealers and get a great price? Willing to fly into Texas if it makes sense. Obviously I’m contacting the other volume dealers already discussed in the thread.
I am here in the DFW area. The 7 dealers I tried would only do the rebates at the time ($2250 on May 4th) off of MSRP. I went as far out as Canton and Vernon, TX. I ended up ordering from Aaron at Mark Dodge for 17.4% below MSRP with the rebates. He gave a dealer discount of 13.6% off for a 2021 Limited 4x4.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Credit Karma has my 19 limited w/ 25k at $60,000 which is more than I paid. If I had something else to drive for 6-12 months, it would be gone. Who knows how long this situation will last and with '22's coming, could get real crazy. One thing I thought of when I saw the CK value was that my next insurance renewal is likely to be a decent increase because of the new values. Say what you want about supply and demand but it is King right now.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm...im really thinking about selling my truck that I had for 8 months. Did some quick checking and i can get a very good amount (almost msrp price) for my truck.

Hard part is that I would want another truck. I have my Charger that I can drive around, but im going to need a truck. eventually.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

MBDC

Reaction score
Got mine in Ft Worth 4 weeks ago. I got a phenomenal price.
Roy Russ over at Meador. [email protected]

JdSunrise

Reaction score
Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

14.76% off MSRP before rebates/incentives
19.17% off MSRP with $3250 rebates/incentives.
7.08% off Invoice before rebates/incentives
11.89% off Invoice with $3250 rebates/incentives.
He no longer works there, I placed a order with Phillip and now the new internet sales manager won't honor the agreed price because " they'd loose Thousands giving it away at 16% off MSRP"

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He no longer works there, I placed a order with Phillip and now the new internet sales manager won't honor the agreed price because " they'd loose Thousands giving it away at 16% off MSRP"
You can either make money by selling a truck, or make money by selling trucks. Looks like Bud Clary is not going to be getting any more business from forum members because they don't want to tell trucks. Best course of action for you is to probably get your deposit back and order from Aaron.

Last edited:

Ididntdoit5150

Reaction score
That's unfortunate, I was getting ready to order from him. Looks like I'll be flying to Idaho instead. For your deal, if the truck was already ordered, didn't you have a written agreed upon price? That's how every order I've done has been.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can either make money by selling a truck, or make money by selling trucks. Looks like Bud Cleary is not going to be getting any more business from forum members because they don't want to tell trucks. Best course of action for you is to probably get your deposit back and order from Aaron.
I'm curious to see what 2022 pricing looks like. I reached out to Aaron about a 2022 Limited and someone else followed up with me.

Tsingh1235

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what 2022 pricing looks like. I reached out to Aaron about a 2022 Limited and someone else followed up with me.
Yeah same here reached out to Aaron but someone else followed up. Currently working with him to a truck.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
When did you place your order, and did you receive a buyers order and build sheet from your salesperson at the time you ordered? I tried searching posts to find the info but didn't find anything - sorry if I missed it! I'm shocked they aren't going to honor a written contract with you for the vehicle.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In these slim pickings times, I’m curious about people’s orders and negotiations tactics with pricing especially here in the north east (i live in NJ, but there are 4 dealers within an hour drive).

I’m going to sell my Laramie for good money, but when I place an order, can I realistically be able to order a 2022 to my expectations, and state that I have my “tread lightly discount of 1% under invoice” and get that discount?

Dealers right now are expecting folks to pay OVER msrp, with big markups. How do I avoid this?

For example…a dealer can clearly just say that they won’t order what I want.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Do you have a written confirmation of your order and the price? I'm asking because I ordered from them on April 16, but now I'm wondering if they'll honor my price. I do have a signed Sold Order Deposit that shows the price.

yxas007

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I reached out to the guy that Philllip handed me off to (Aydin), and was assured that they are honoring all discounts and incentives. Aydin also mentioned that the dealers are actually penalized by losing allocation if a special order doesn't actually get sold to the person who placed the order...your mileage may vary.

I'm slated to pick up my truck from Bud Clary this week...I'll let you all know how that goes :)

Long time viewer, 1st time caller...'21 Limited Night Edition should be in the garage by the weekend, then off to the shop next week for her 4" BDS lift :)

traveller09

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I reached out to the guy that Philllip handed me off to (Aydin), and was assured that they are honoring all discounts and incentives. Aydin also mentioned that the dealers are actually penalized by losing allocation if a special order doesn't actually get sold to the person who placed the order...your mileage may vary.

I'm slated to pick up my truck from Bud Clary this week...I'll let you all know how that goes :)

Long time viewer, 1st time caller...'21 Limited Night Edition should be in the garage by the weekend, then off to the shop next week for her 4" BDS lift :)
anxious to hear your report. I am in a similar boat, Aydin has been straight with me and said similar things. I am hoping to hear my mine is built and ready to ship by the end of the week. 🤞

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That's good to know. They could probably avoid that with larger non-refundable deposits, if that's even legal? I can understand people backing out over financing or if the order isn't right. All I know is I'm paying cash and I'm sure as heck not paying MRSP. I'd be ok with 6-8% below MRSP, but paying more than what you can get off with a Tread Likely discount is pure nuts. If they weren't making money at 1% below invoice they wouldn't offer it (and I definitely think the dealership and the salesman should make money).

JdSunrise

Reaction score
Do you have a written confirmation of your order and the price? I'm asking because I ordered from them on April 16, but now I'm wondering if they'll honor my price. I do have a signed Sold Order Deposit that shows the price.
My order got changed from a 21 to a 22, so the pricing will different, I'm supposed to hear from the GM about my order. My name was originally on the order, but there's been something weird in the system, where my name was no longer on it.

Who's the best person to work with at Dennis Dillion in Idaho?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My order got changed from a 21 to a 22, so the pricing will different, I'm supposed to hear from the GM about my order. My name was originally on the order, but there's been something weird in the system, where my name was no longer on it.

Who's the best person to work with at Dennis Dillion in Idaho?

this is good to know. Last time I checked isn’t order bank for 2022 is next week? Also…last time I checked production starts late July…so September is when they will get delivered?

If someone can check my dates, that would be great.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

sig-nifigant

Reaction score
this is good to know. Last time I checked isn’t order bank for 2022 is next week? Also…last time I checked production starts late July…so September is when they will get delivered?

If someone can check my dates, that would be great.

we will see heavy duty trucks pricing next week, but will have to wait for later in the month for the 1500s. from a ram corporate call today.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
we will see heavy duty trucks pricing next week, but will have to wait for later in the month for the 1500s. from a ram corporate call today.
Do you think that if orders are placed soon that some of the new packages would be available to order...like the GT package and the big horn back country, 360 camera and stuff?

I know other companies like Ford are offering $1k incentives to place and order and wait for it to be delivered.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Users who are viewing this thread