5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to contact RAM about 2022 bad paint issue ?

victory rider

Reaction score
Bought my ram about 7 months ago , a couple months ago I noticed bubbles in the paint on the roof . The dealership doesnt have its own paint and body shop so they sub it out. So I had to let them take the truck and let it set for 2 weeks while they wait for a time when they can fit it in whenever they got a chance to paint it . Picked it up yesterday and it was raining so I just drove it home , checked it out today and its the worst example of a professional paint job Ive ever seen still has some smaller bubbles / dirt or dust in the paint / and paint lines after the tape was removed ( worst tape job Ive ever seen ). So I want to contact RAM to see if they will do any better or let me choose a body shop to do it. I would like to have it looking better for the next owner. I included pics of some of the spots but its really hard to see in the pics unless you zoom in. IMG_6994.jpg IMG_6991.jpg IMG_6992.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

Thanks so much for tagging us in this! The best way to get in contact with us is a tag, DM'ing us, or by calling 1-866-726-4636. We saw your comment on our profile, but in order to assist, we do need a direct message due to the sensitive nature of the information we need to collect in order to get you some help!

Callie
Ram Cares

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my ram about 7 months ago , a couple months ago I noticed bubbles in the paint on the roof . The dealership doesnt have its own paint and body shop so they sub it out. So I had to let them take the truck and let it set for 2 weeks while they wait for a time when they can fit it in whenever they got a chance to paint it . Picked it up yesterday and it was raining so I just drove it home , checked it out today and its the worst example of a professional paint job Ive ever seen still has some smaller bubbles / dirt or dust in the paint / and paint lines after the tape was removed ( worst tape job Ive ever seen ). So I want to contact RAM to see if they will do any better or let me choose a body shop to do it. I would like to have it looking better for the next owner. I included pics of some of the spots but its really hard to see in the pics unless you zoom in. View attachment 145660 View attachment 145659 View attachment 145658
I'd probably start by talking to the dealership and see what they offer for a resolution. You absolutely should have as good as, if not better than, factory paint job after repair.

victory rider

Reaction score
Thanks for responding , I called Mopar this morning and they gave me a case number so hopefully they can make it right. But Ill still have a 51 thousand dollar truck with aftermarket paint , hopefully the rest of the factory paint isnt as bad as the roof.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We're glad you were able to get in touch with Mopar! If you need assistance with your case at all, please send us a DM! We can provide updates and communication on your behalf to your case manager!

Callie
Ram Cares

victory rider

Reaction score
Case manager finally got back to me and told me I havent given the dealership enough opportunities to repair the issue correctly . I told him I havent finished cleaning up the overspray from the first time . I have no intention of taking it back to those clowns . If I cant get it painted somewhere else Ill try to sell it as is but I know thats gonna hurt resale.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
why not a 2nd chance there is more then 1 employee overthere, tell them what you want, what you expect, and tell them to clean the overspray of last time and this time. i cant be worst then now. if its dosent work again, then you will have whats needed for fca to tell you to go somewhere else.

and you dont know, if its fix perfectly, you might even keep the truck

mistakes happen,

victory rider

Reaction score
why not a 2nd chance there is more then 1 employee overthere, tell them what you want, what you expect, and tell them to clean the overspray of last time and this time. i cant be worst then now. if its dosent work again, then you will have whats needed for fca to tell you to go somewhere else.

and you dont know, if its fix perfectly, you might even keep the truck

mistakes happen,
Anyone can make mistakes but the issues they created show this place has no pride in their work and no quality control. Also Im probably not going to sell the truck anyway , took it to a Nissan dealer to check into trading on a titan and they offered 16k less than I have in it , not willing to take that much of a hit with less than 3500 miles and 1 year ownership . I never trade anyway so I knew it would be something low .

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone can make mistakes but the issues they created show this place has no pride in their work and no quality control. Also Im probably not going to sell the truck anyway , took it to a Nissan dealer to check into trading on a titan and they offered 16k less than I have in it , not willing to take that much of a hit with less than 3500 miles and 1 year ownership . I never trade anyway so I knew it would be something low .
yeah some place are like that, if by any chance you documented all this, try to contact someone higher at fca, maybe by email, and urge to get this repair done at a different dealer, i might be your best option left

i know your done with the dealer have you took the time to.speak to the owner, ? he might not know what kind of service his place is offering and might help

victory rider

Reaction score
yeah some place are like that, if by any chance you documented all this, try to contact someone higher at fca, maybe by email, and urge to get this repair done at a different dealer, i might be your best option left

i know your done with the dealer have you took the time to.speak to the owner, ? he might not know what kind of service his place is offering and might help
Nope havent talked to the owner.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well your first mistake was going to a Nissan dealer. They wouldn't offer good trade in on a Ram anyways

Vecna22Ram

Reaction score
I bought a 22 in July it has $9300 worth of paint defects and that’s a quote to fit it all from the ram dealer. I had like 300 miles when I noticed most of it then the more I detail it the more defects I see. Have a case with ram cares and they are going to offer me a cdi but no one know what it’s worth. The dealer can see what it’s worth,I’m just hope I’m not insulted. The dealer had me order a new truck and I did and it’s more than the one I bought. The dealer said they will help me get out of the truck I have but we will see.. just so disappointed to see a 60k plus truck has all these paint defects? I get nothing perfect but come on.

script

Reaction score
I bought a 22 in July it has $9300 worth of paint defects and that’s a quote to fit it all from the ram dealer. I had like 300 miles when I noticed most of it then the more I detail it the more defects I see. Have a case with ram cares and they are going to offer me a cdi but no one know what it’s worth. The dealer can see what it’s worth,I’m just hope I’m not insulted. The dealer had me order a new truck and I did and it’s more than the one I bought. The dealer said they will help me get out of the truck I have but we will see.. just so disappointed to see a 60k plus truck has all these paint defects? I get nothing perfect but come on.
What kind of defects are adding up to $9,300 on a truck that's only 6 months old? I remember a couple decades ago all of the Dodge trucks with peeling paint, but I haven't seen any 5th gens with major paint problems. Hopefully this isn't a new trend.

victory rider

Reaction score
I havent heard from Ram in over a month , got tired of calling only to get the same bs . Why cant the aholes call me instead ? Guess Ill wait till paint starts popping off again and start another claim. I dont have time to call ram every week to remind them .

Users who are viewing this thread