5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add Digital Rearview Mirror

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are two different part numbers for the digital rear view mirror one is just the digital part the other comes with the auto dim and full speed warning collision. The one with auto dim is 68448641AB (Digital Rear View Mirror w/AutoDim and Full Speed Warning Collision). Don’t know if that is your problem or you have some JScan issues if you already had auto-dim.
The digital mirrors auto dim fine, it's the side mirrors that stop working. The two different part numbers are for trucks with forward collision warning (FCW) or without.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The digital mirrors auto dim fine, it's the side mirrors that stop working. The two different part numbers are for trucks with forward collision warning (FCW) or without.
I got mine installed and getting a new error code U0213 (Lost Communication with Interior Mirror Control Module) and of course the auto-dim went away. So, of course I read that you can’t get it back but no one has tried getting it back or it’s just impossible with it? I wonder if I take it to dealer if they can get it off and it will start working again?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I got mine installed and getting a new error code U0213 (Lost Communication with Interior Mirror Control Module) and of course the auto-dim went away. So, of course I read that you can’t get it back but no one has tried getting it back or it’s just impossible with it? I wonder if I take it to dealer if they can get it off and it will start working again?
What year is your truck? I'm not sure on the error.

vincentw56

Reaction score
It is a 2022
Okay, so you had the correct BCM already. I'm not sure on auto dim. It may just not work with the digital mirror. Guess we need to find someone who has it from the factory. Could be a setting that is just missing in AlfaOBD.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, so you had the correct BCM already. I'm not sure on auto dim. It may just not work with the digital mirror. Guess we need to find someone who has it from the factory. Could be a setting that is just missing in AlfaOBD.
Yeah I was thinking kind of the same I messed around in JScan (which is what I have) and nothing would get rid of it but like you said maybe a function that isn’t in there yet? Surely it can be turned back on if I’m getting a code.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no errors after installing the DRVM on my '22. I don't have dimming side mirrors though.
And I did enable these two parameters.

15930e61fc222a30391bbb6b79d97919.jpg
1d2bcfc56fb2b9348a09086ac0133e62.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had no errors after installing the DRVM on my '22. I don't have dimming side mirrors though.

VehConfig 8: CHMSL Camera should be no.
That is for the HD Rams with surround view, specifically for it’s digital cargo view camera.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I played with it all night and nothing works for me to clear it so I don’t know really. I tried everything to do with CHMSL nothing will clear it. Just odd I haven’t seen anyone say anything about getting a error code after installing.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I played with it all night and nothing works for me to clear it so I don’t know really. I tried everything to do with CHMSL nothing will clear it. Just odd I haven’t seen anyone say anything about getting a error code after installing.
Have you tried reinstalling your original mirror, restoring your old settings and clear the error?
At least, this could help you determine if there is an underlying cause not directly related to the mirror.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried reinstalling your original mirror, restoring your old settings and clear the error?
At least, this could help you determine if there is an underlying cause not directly related to the mirror.
Yes sir it is the digital rear view.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Yes sir it is the digital rear view.
Does it trip the check engine light? Or if it just stored in the computer? If it's just stored, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe that's why no one else sees it.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it trip the check engine light? Or if it just stored in the computer? If it's just stored, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe that's why no one else sees it.
No, it does not trip the check engine it’s just the the BCM. I’m not really “worried” about it just trying to see if it’s applicable to get Auto-Dim back if you wanted to just trying to solve the issue that’s it really. It’s not a problem for me or anything just want to try and help others if I can I know some people really liked Auto-Dim.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, it does not trip the check engine it’s just the the BCM. I’m not really “worried” about it just trying to see if it’s applicable to get Auto-Dim back if you wanted to just trying to solve the issue that’s it really. It’s not a problem for me or anything just want to try and help others if I can I know some people really liked Auto-Dim.
I can look into the fault, and dig deeper into the auto dim issue with the 2021+ DRVM swap. Do you only have Jscan? If you get AlfaOBD, send me a copy of your BCM system ID and your backup file, and I can check it against a factory equipped DRVM configuration.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can look into the fault, and dig deeper into the auto dim issue with the 2021+ DRVM swap. Do you only have Jscan? If you get AlfaOBD, send me a copy of your BCM system ID and your backup file, and I can check it against a factory equipped DRVM configuration.
I can buy a cheap Samsung tablet and get AlfaOBD I’ll get one and let you know when I have it and get AlfaOBD. It’d make it easier with the other projects I have coming up anyways.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can buy a cheap Samsung tablet and get AlfaOBD I’ll get one and let you know when I have it and get AlfaOBD. It’d make it easier with the other projects I have coming up anyways.
I actually just seen your post in the adaptive cruise thread asking if Jscan can take care of that stuff, and it can’t. Jscan can’t change the cruise control present, or type of adaptive cruise, so you’ll need AlfaOBD anyway.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually just seen your post in the adaptive cruise thread asking if Jscan can take care of that stuff, and it can’t. Jscan can’t change the cruise control present, or type of adaptive cruise, so you’ll need AlfaOBD anyway.
I figured as much I didn’t see any of the options for it when I was looking. I got a tablet coming should be here Monday I’ll send it over to you once I get it.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you figured this out yet?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you figured this out yet?
Waiting for my tablet to come in didn’t have anything where I could get Alfa so it says it will be here Monday and once I get it I’ll send info over to Jimmy and see if he can see what’s going on. Still getting the error code after trying lots of things in JScan and setting everything back but nothing is working. I’ll give an update on here after I get my tablet and Alfa tomorrow (if no shipping errors).

Users who are viewing this thread