5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used JSCAN to add the ACC? or does just alpha OBD work. my truck has everything but ACC and Rain sense, so it looks like I just need the ACU ABS and the button, but the big question is if I need alpha of if my JSCAN will work
The two main settings you need to change for ACC are disabling cruise control, and changing the type of ACC to ACC with stop and go. Neither of those settings are present in adaptations in JScan.
The developer does frequent updates, so message him and tell him to add “VehConfig 2: Cruise Control Present”, and “VehConfig 7: Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present” for the Ram trucks. He’ll know what these mean because he uses the same software that alfaobd uses to develop their apps. He should either give you a test version that includes those settings, or release an update that includes them.

mahnkal

Reaction score
The two main settings you need to change for ACC are disabling cruise control, and changing the type of ACC to ACC with stop and go. Neither of those settings are present in adaptations in JScan.
The developer does frequent updates, so message him and tell him to add “VehConfig 2: Cruise Control Present”, and “VehConfig 7: Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present” for the Ram trucks. He’ll know what these mean because he uses the same software that alfaobd uses to develop their apps. He should either give you a test version that includes those settings, or release an update that includes them.
Awesome information! I messaged him, so we will see what happens! thank you!!

dh66

Reaction score
I have the parking sensors that slam on the brakes if too close - any chance that my ABS/HCU are the correct parts? I do NOT have the DASM. 2021 Ram Bighorn eTorque Hemi.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the parking sensors that slam on the brakes if too close - any chance that my ABS/HCU are the correct parts? I do NOT have the DASM. 2021 Ram Bighorn eTorque Hemi.
No, not at all. That's a completely different system.

mahnkal

Reaction score
I have DASM and everything minus the ACC, and to my knowledge I still need the ABS and HCU modules to get ACC. 2021 big horn eco diesel.

bwade1

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or just confuses...

Here is what I have for the parts for a 2021 RAM that already has DASM and FCW+ are below:

ACC for 2021 RAM with DASM and FCW+

Requires:

HCU: 68415320AA ACC w/Stop and Go - $265.55

ABS Module: 68436462AJ Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go], [Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go] After 06/06/2018 - $200.64

ACC Button - 68309592AD SWITCH. Speed Control. Right. = $57.05

Lane Keep for 2021 RAM

Requires:

Center Stack 68312620AG – $468.60

Parking Assist for 2021 with FCW+

Requires:

Center Stack from Lane Keep (should have both lane keep and parking buttons.

1 of 68488374AB WIRING. REAR FASCIA[Rear Bumper Module], [Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop].. $100.81

2 of 68271824AA, RING. Decoupler. Sensor. $1.03

2 of 6MK25TZZAA, SENSOR. Park Assist. Inboard. $28.54

1 of 68404409AA, VALANCE. Rear. Left. Outer. $26.14

1 of 68404408AA, VALANCE. Rear. Right. Outer. $26.14

At least this is what I bought, well except for the harness that is giving me a problem...
so if you only want lane keep assist and no acc do you still need the hcu and abs module

St-na

Reaction score
so its not needed for lane assist to work
This is unbelievable 57 pages already, same questions over and over again! Why not to use search button, You will find all replies on Your questions. Post #125

bwade1

Reaction score
This post doesn’t answer the question. Can you add lane assist without adding acc and if so are the abs parts still needed. I was looking at adding only lane assist at this time. I see nothing mentioned about only adding this function

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This post doesn’t answer the question. Can you add lane assist without adding acc and if so are the abs parts still needed. I was looking at adding only lane assist at this time. I see nothing mentioned about only adding this function
I bought my BH with lane keep assist and no ACC from the dealer. So, I think it's possible.
I wanted ACC and had to add the different ABS PARTS.LKA doesn't require them.

bwade1

Reaction score
thank you . do you know what changes would need to be made with jscan do do this

cwatts10

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Bighorn with level one safety, so DASM, FCW, lane keep assist, etc.

Anyways, today I installed the HCU and ABS controller, manual brake bleed, Alfa obd brake bleed, cleared codes etc.

I went in to the body computer setting and changed all of them according to the pdf guide however I am still getting three lights on dash, the acc/cruise service req, parking brake and fcw off. Anyways, I’ve triple checked the setting and reset the ECU.

A few months ago I installed the ACC button on the steering wheel and got ACC to show up and work up to the point where it needed to slow down, then it errored out because of the wrong HCU.

But this time I cannot get it to clear the errors. Do you think because the parking break error light is on, it’s causing the others to not work. I’ve tried clearing the parking brake light with no success.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Bighorn with level one safety, so DASM, FCW, lane keep assist, etc.

Anyways, today I installed the HCU and ABS controller, manual brake bleed, Alfa obd brake bleed, cleared codes etc.

I went in to the body computer setting and changed all of them according to the pdf guide however I am still getting three lights on dash, the acc/cruise service req, parking brake and fcw off. Anyways, I’ve triple checked the setting and reset the ECU.

A few months ago I installed the ACC button on the steering wheel and got ACC to show up and work up to the point where it needed to slow down, then it errored out because of the wrong HCU.

But this time I cannot get it to clear the errors. Do you think because the parking break error light is on, it’s causing the others to not work. I’ve tried clearing the parking brake light with no success.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Trip to the dealer to initialize the ABS. At least that's why others have had to do.

cwatts10

Reaction score
Yeah I may end up taking it to the dealer. I just wonder what to tell them? I guess just ask if they can clear these lights?

I’ve attached a pic of what I’m getting on my dash now.

Attachments

• IMG_4505.jpeg
    IMG_4505.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 27

mahnkal

Reaction score
Trip to the dealer to initialize the ABS. At least that's why others have had to do.
I have the same setup, is this going to be mandatory for all of these installs, and can just the dealer do it or will my mechanic be able to?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have the same setup, is this going to be mandatory for all of these installs, and can just the dealer do it or will my mechanic be able to?
Some people have been able to do it fine. But what I found out, is when you can't the dealer can. Also, not 100% sure if your mechanic can or not. Just depends if they have the correct equipment. I worked with someone on it who's mechanic couldn't, but his dealer could.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Yeah I may end up taking it to the dealer. I just wonder what to tell them? I guess just ask if they can clear these lights?

I’ve attached a pic of what I’m getting on my dash now.
Just tell him you replace the HCU and ABS unit and you need to have it initialized. You don't really need to tell them much more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread