5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

2124Ram

Reaction score
This is been answered on the thread before. But the mirrors already have a place to screw into them. You just need to drill the housing. Then install the camera with a screw. There are pictures on here as well. Once it gets warmer outside, I will be doing it to my mirrors and I'll provide pictures and update the main post.
Vincent - I appreciate the quick response and forgive my poor reading. I don’t know why, but the way you worded it above to me is the clearest I have seen it explained. Thanks a ton!

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
I am missing somehow the part number for the bracket that hold in the camera in the mirror? For some reason I do not see that mentioned anywhere… planning on drilling out my existing mirrors.
Pete

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am missing somehow the part number for the bracket that hold in the camera in the mirror? For some reason I do not see that mentioned anywhere… planning on drilling out my existing mirrors.
Pete
That was literally just asked. Did you not read just a few post above where it was answered?

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
That was literally just asked. Did you not read just a few post above where it was answered?
Apparently not, after reading 17 pages, all with multiple links and references to other threads, must have gotten lost….

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score

This is been answered on the thread before. But the mirrors already have a place to screw into them. You just need to drill the housing. Then install the camera with a screw. There are pictures on here as well. Once it gets warmer outside, I will be doing it to my mirrors and I'll provide pictures and update the main post.
And not to be a d—k, but your post says” camera just screws in with a screw” while a picture of the back of the mirror shows clearly a bracket that holds the camera, and that bracket is screwed in,camera clips into said bracket.. picture of the part number /camera does not show said bracket… hence the questions..

Attachments

• IMG_3920.png
    IMG_3920.png
    174 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3921.png
    IMG_3921.png
    881.9 KB · Views: 27

vincentw56

Reaction score
And not to be a d—k, but your post says” camera just screws in with a screw” while a picture of the back of the mirror shows clearly a bracket that holds the camera, and that bracket is screwed in,camera clips into said bracket.. picture of the part number /camera does not show said bracket… hence the questions..
@St-na can you confirm that the bracket is inside the mirror already? I know you added this to your mirrors. From your posts, the assumption is that the mounting bracket is already there, and the hole just needs to be drilled.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
The camera bracket is "NOT" inside of a mirror that is not OEM with a camera...it has to be bought...or canibalized from a used mirror that came with a camera.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The camera bracket is "NOT" inside of a mirror that is not OEM with a camera...it has to be bought...or canibalized from a used mirror that came with a camera.
Thank you. Finally got that answer. Now, to see if we can find we part number for the bracket.

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
Thank you. Finally got that answer. Now, to see if we can find we part number for the bracket.
I have been scrounging the interwebs, and so far have only been able to find the brackets for the front and rear camera’s .. not much luck for those mirror camera brackets… will keep digging….. it has to have a number……

billybaloneey

Reaction score
@Ramhighflyer
I went out to the garage to take a look at one of the used mirrors I have, with a camera mounted in it, and took some pictures. The camera assembly has a bracket that the camera clips into...and the bracket has a notch and a screw attachment where the camera mounts into the pre-drilled camera hole. There are numbers on the bracket: 26223021, which is not a typical Mopar part number style. I'm thinking the bracket is only available as part of a OEM mirror with camera installed assembly.
As a side note...there is also no part number for the bottom cover of the mirror housing where the camera is mounted...I've looked for a part number and there is none, and I had a Mopar parts dealer confirm there is no separate number...it can only be had with the whole mirror assembly.

Attachments

• Mirror Cam-1.jpg
    Mirror Cam-1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Mirror Cam-2.jpg
    Mirror Cam-2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 30
  • Mirror Cam-3.jpg
    Mirror Cam-3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 29
  • Mirror Cam-4.jpg
    Mirror Cam-4.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
@Ramhighflyer
I went out to the garage to take a look at one of the used mirrors I have, with a camera mounted in it, and took some pictures. The camera assembly has a bracket that the camera clips into...and the bracket has a notch and a screw attachment where the camera mounts into the pre-drilled camera hole. There are numbers on the bracket: 26223021, which is not a typical Mopar part number style. I'm thinking the bracket is only available as part of a OEM mirror with camera installed assembly.
As a side note...there is also no part number for the bottom cover of the mirror housing where the camera is mounted...I've looked for a part number and there is none, and I had a Mopar parts dealer confirm there is no separate number...it can only be had with the whole mirror assembly.

Well, BB, thank you so much for taking the time to take some pictures, and clear this all up for us. without the brackets being available from Mopar, we are going to be stuck getting new mirrors, or finding some good used ones, or finding some bad used ones and swapping the parts over… bummer…I was hoping to save a little coin by just buying the camera’s and drilling…
Thanks again for doing this…..
Pete

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, BB, thank you so much for taking the time to take some pictures, and clear this all up for us. without the brackets being available from Mopar, we are going to be stuck getting new mirrors, or finding some good used ones, or finding some bad used ones and swapping the parts over… bummer…I was hoping to save a little coin by just buying the camera’s and drilling…
Pete
Or, if someone can 3d print them…

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
Now that is something we can do!! i have access to scanning and printing capability….. do we know if left and right are the same?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Now that is something we can do!! i have access to scanning and printing capability….. do we know if left and right are the same?
I'm pretty sure they are the same since the cameras are the same.

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are the same since the cameras are the same.
Did not know if they were “mirror “ 😬image of each other , due to angles of the mirror etc…. I will see if I can get a hold of a bracket and proceed from there…..

vincentw56

Reaction score
Did not know if they were “mirror “ image of each other , due to angles of the mirror etc…. I will see if I can get a hold of a bracket and proceed from there…..
I see what you did there. I wish it was warmer out, I'd be doing this upgrade to my factory mirrors and could verify. Too cold right now.

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
Going to do some looking around here and see if I can find a pair in a salvage yard….with camera’s, that might be the most reasonable way to go about it… new camera’s are $200+.. will follow up

vincentw56

Reaction score
Going to do some looking around here and see if I can find a pair in a salvage yard….with camera’s, that might be the most reasonable way to go about it… new camera’s are $200+.. will follow up
That's what I did. I was able to get mirrors for $75 each. I have them on my truck right now because I was wanting to get them on. But I'm going to be putting my nicer ones back on.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Pete
I think there are a few used mirrors with cameras on eBay...in the $250 range.

Users who are viewing this thread