5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How protect chrome(suntek vs xpel)

Ilya23

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just purchased Ram 1500 Laramie chrome edition and I was thinking how to protect it. I called local guys in my area and they said they can do paint protection over painted part only and NOT chrome. They either can do suntek or xpel(I will do suntek probably). They quoted me for $399 for partial hood, partial fender, and area below headlights. I will probably do it anyway. But my question is what people do to protect chrome part which is in my case 70% of the front and mirrors as well? Guy in local shop said they he never heard that someone apply paint protection film over chrome parts. Any thoughts how protect my chrome front in this case? I definitely applied wax to it but looking for something more serious. Any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20210216_121044.jpg
    20210216_121044.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 20

KCViper

Reaction score
I have Xpel on several of my cars and agree with @securityguy 100%. I'm putting Xpel on my truck when I get it.

Ilya23

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Any thoughts on how protect chrome parts? I had my old truck and those parts can be damaged as easy as paint parts of the car

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Any thoughts on how protect chrome parts? I had my old truck and those parts can be damaged as easy as paint parts of the car
When I had my 2019 Limited, it was chromed. I had the Xpel installed on my chrome and it actually turned out great. Some will say you can't do it, or that it will look bad. I have an awesome installer that did mine and it looked fantastic.

Ilya23

Reaction score
@davidn0021 he will only cover partial hood, partial fender and area below headlights. I think it's not much job there and price is just right as I have chrome elsewhere

Users who are viewing this thread