5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much are you paying for oil change+tire rotation?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my Ram in for an oil change plus tire rotation last week and cost is around $150 after taxes and fees. Seems steep! How much are you paying?

Thanks!
I purchased a three oil change deal for $160 total! Not sure that it include tire rotation or not. I’ll just pay the 10 or whatever as I rotate at 5000 miles, every oil change! Who know what oil these places are really putting in these trucks? So anyone can say synthetic or synthetic blend, but who really knows?

U

User_3336

I purchased a three oil change deal for $160 total! Not sure that it include tire rotation or not. I’ll just pay the 10 or whatever as I rotate at 5000 miles, every oil change! Who know what oil these places are really putting in these trucks? So anyone can say synthetic or synthetic blend, but who really knows?
I caught them not changing my oil filter on my first "coupon" oil change. Got home, looked under, still said "FACTORY INSTALLED" on the bottom of the oil filter. Immediately called the service manager, took it back, and I stood there the ENTIRE time with him while the tech changed the oil and filter (((AGAIN))).

But you're right, you have no idea what's going in your engine unless you're standing right there. More reason to change if yourself, but $34 an oil change with coupons isn't bad.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I caught them not changing my oil filter on my first "coupon" oil change. Got home, looked under, still said "FACTORY INSTALLED" on the bottom of the oil filter. Immediately called the service manager, took it back, and I stood there the ENTIRE time with him while the tech changed the oil and filter (((AGAIN))).

But you're right, you have no idea what's going in your engine unless you're standing right there. More reason to change if yourself, but $34 an oil change with coupons isn't bad.
I check my filter every time to make sure it’s been replaced!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just the cost of oil and a filter as I do the work myself.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm thankful to still have the ability to do my own. The oil (as low as $20 for 5 quarts of PUP) and Wix filter, plus 3 or 4 beers in my garage... priceless

Peebs1021

Reaction score
I got free oil changes for as long as I own the truck from the dealer, they charge $15 for a tire rotation while doing the oil change.

RJS

Reaction score
View attachment 106989

These are openly available in your MOPAR OWNERS webite.
I'd like to see the cost above the $45.95/change as the offer is for 5 qts of oil and filter. There are further costs of disposal, additional oil and other related costs plus the upcharge for rotation.

Not saying it's not a good deal just curious about actual total cost. I couldn't get a straight answer out of the service writer during my last oil change but I'd like to buy this deal if I know the total cost above coupon value. My last change of full synthetic in my Hemi with rotation was $103.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I did the 3 full synthetic package for $100 and (at least on my first one) the tire rotation was free. Hopefully it stays free. I’d be happy with conventional oil for that price, so getting full synthetic is a steal!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm paying $30 for oil change, tire balance/rotation, check all fluids, etc at the dealership. But I bought a 6 pack of oil changes when I bought my truck so that's how I got that price. I only need 1 oil change a year so I figured $200 for 5 years worth of oil & tire rotations was a pretty good deal.

U

User_3336

I'd like to see the cost above the $45.95/change as the offer is for 5 qts of oil and filter. There are further costs of disposal, additional oil and other related costs plus the upcharge for rotation.

Not saying it's not a good deal just curious about actual total cost. I couldn't get a straight answer out of the service writer during my last oil change but I'd like to buy this deal if I know the total cost above coupon value. My last change of full synthetic in my Hemi with rotation was $103.
Guess I'm lucky here. The dealer never charges for the "extra" quarts used, silly shop supplies, disposal fees, etc on the oil change package and they always do tire rotations free.

If you paid $103 for an oil change and tire rotation, you got ripped.

U

User_3336

I'm paying $30 for oil change, tire balance/rotation, check all fluids, etc at the dealership. But I bought a 6 pack of oil changes when I bought my truck so that's how I got that price. I only need 1 oil change a year so I figured $200 for 5 years worth of oil & tire rotations was a pretty good deal.
The "coupons" usually have a time limit. Not sure what package you purchased.

U

User_3336

I got free oil changes for as long as I own the truck from the dealer, they charge $15 for a tire rotation while doing the oil change.
I guarantee, you paid for those oil changes somewhere in the price of the truck!!!

TravisH

Reaction score
Dealer gave me free oil changes/rotation for life when I purchased my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

Dealer gave me free oil changes/rotation for life when I purchased my truck.

I guarantee, you paid for those oil changes somewhere in the price of the truck!!!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fleet Farm and Discount Tire do free rotations. Takes about 30 min.

I buy my own oil, whatever name brand synthetic I can find cheapest, always for $3 per quart or less. M1 or OEM filter is about $10. Takes 45 min to change.

Total cost for both rotation and oil change is about $30 and an hour and 15 min of my time twice per year.

Dealer does free oil changes for as long as I have vehicle but it is 150 miles away. But I would change myself anyway.

Last edited:

TravisH

Reaction score
Fleet Farm and Discount Tire do free rotations. Takes about 30 min.

I buy my own oil, whatever name brand synthetic I can find cheapest, always for $3 per quart or less. M1 or OEM filter is about $10. Takes 45 min to change.

Total cost for both rotation and oil change is about $30 and an hour and 15 min of my time twice per year.

Fleet Farm…you in Wisconsin?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
24.97 per 5qt jug PUP 5W-20
14.99 per RP 10-48 filter

The dealership my son bought his '19 Colorado from gives free lifetime oil changes. I believe there's a CDJR dealer around here that offers the same, but their selection was weak when we were looking.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and stop doing dealership tire rotations. Highly recommend you go to Discount Tire / American Tire and get their Lifetime Rotation package. Also get road hazard certificates as well while you are at it. You can get this package regardless of where you got your tires originally.

For $140, I have lifetime rotate & balance (the dealership typically doesn't even do a balance) along with a road hazard warranty on my tires. That means if any of my tires cannot be fixed, they will replace them. When you consider the cost of one 33" Goodyear Duratrac is nearly $300 installed with tax. You do the math on how good of a value this plan is.

Heck, after 3 dealership rotations, the package already pays for itself!

On a side note, I won't let the dealership do an oil change on my truck, simply because I don't trust them to do it as well as me. Cost isn't my primary concern with doing oil changes myself, but it is a big plus. My cost is about $60 in oil and filter, using Shell Rotella Gas Truck synthetic and the OEM Mopar filter.

RJS

Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky here. The dealer never charges for the "extra" quarts used, silly shop supplies, disposal fees, etc on the oil change package and they always do tire rotations free.

If you paid $103 for an oil change and tire rotation, you got ripped.
My local dealer is excellent to deal with but not as generous as yours. In the future, I'll have the rotation done at Belle Tire which is free and pay for the oil change. This was the first oil change there with the 19 which I didn't buy from them but it will be going back there for future oil changes. I'll buy their oil change special to see what the cost is next time but I want a dealer to change the oil so Ram has less ways to invalidate my extended warranty or repair it if a tech messes up the operation. Cheap insurance in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread