5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much are you paying for oil change+tire rotation?

Trevor Mcdaniel

Reaction score
I have a coupon for valvoline $25 for a synthetic oil change, but I find the cost reasonable, but I like valvoline in that they include the oil filter change in the cost of the oil change.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

I have a coupon for valvoline $25 for a synthetic oil change, but I find the cost reasonable, but I like valvoline in that they include the oil filter change in the cost of the oil change.
Most places DO advertise an oil change WITH the oil filter included in the price, but sometimes puts a restriction on the quarts of oil included.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
$0 for labor

Just my time to do it and the cost of oil and filter. I’m guessing $35-40 total.

No way I’m ever paying a dealer.

U

User_3336

$0 for labor

Just my time to do it and the cost of oil and filter. I’m guessing $35-40 total.

No way I’m ever paying a dealer.
If you can get that FIRST damn oil filter off! LOL

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you can get that FIRST damn oil filter off! LOL
You got that right. They were TIGHT on my last two RAMS. No idea why the factory puts them on so tight. Seems like they don’t lube the rubber seal either. That doesn’t help. Light oil coating on the seal, turn the filter on till it touches the mount then 1/2 turn by hand. Easy off every time and never had a leak in 250,000 miles between two RAMS. No need to wrench it on.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You got that right. They were TIGHT on my last two RAMS. No idea why the factory puts them on so tight. Seems like they don’t lube the rubber seal either. That doesn’t help. Light oil coating on the seal, turn the filter on till it touches the mount then 1/2 turn by hand. Easy off every time and never had a leak in 250,000 miles between two RAMS. No need to wrench it on.
It's cause they are installed dry on a cold engine.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Mopar and got 3 full synthetic oil changes (7 qts) with tire rotation for $181.90 including all taxes and fees, have 2 years to use them. Without tire rotation it would’ve been $150 + tax. The dealership looked it up by my VIN, didn’t need anything else from me and I was in and out within an hour. No appointment needed. Nice and easy, no issues.

U

User_3336

I called Mopar and got 3 full synthetic oil changes (7 qts) with tire rotation for $181.90 including all taxes and fees, have 2 years to use them. Without tire rotation it would’ve been $150 + tax. The dealership looked it up by my VIN, didn’t need anything else from me and I was in and out within an hour. No appointment needed. Nice and easy, no issues.
That is a national campaign. Any RAM dealer should be able to offer that package.
If you sign into your MOPAR.COM account, select your dealer, then go to Coupons/Offers it should show.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a national campaign. Any RAM dealer should be able to offer that package.
If you sign into your MOPAR.COM account, select your dealer, then go to Coupons/Offers it should show.
Looked all over online and didn’t see anything that showed the full 7 qts and/ or included the tire rotation which I wanted. When I called they told me you can’t buy it online anymore. Don’t know if that is true, but I couldn’t find it online.

U

User_3336

Looked all over online and didn’t see anything that showed the full 7 qts and/ or included the tire rotation which I wanted. When I called they told me you can’t buy it online anymore. Don’t know if that is true, but I couldn’t find it online.
Dealer here just honors the # of oil changes the coupon is paid up for. they don't charge for any extra quarts.
It looks like "prepaid maintenance" in their system. It will also show under your MOPAR account as well.

U

User_3336

THE COUPONS HAVE THE DEALER CODE ON THEM, SO THEY WILL KNOW IF THE COUPONS ARE ON THEIR PAGE.
OILCHG111.jpg

b4ville

Reaction score
I paid 149 for 3 oil change and tire rotation basically 1st free 2nd full price 3 rd half price total 149

U

User_3336

You got ripped! :-\

jastevenson said:
Took my Ram in for an oil change plus tire rotation last week and cost is around $150 after taxes and fees. Seems steep! How much are you paying?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread