5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How internet rumors get started.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210729-100925.png

Imagine my surprise when my eyes jumped right to the 7l Hemi.

If anyone remembers we were to get a 7.0l (426) Hemi when the TRX was still in concept mode.

So...as my eyes adjust...i notice they forgot the 3. And 5. In their article.

But I am sure someone somewhere posted they saw a dealer saying the 6L V6 and 7L V8 are here for 2021

Guess the ecoD can get it done with 0 displacement. An amazing engine indeed.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those are engine codes, not displacements.
3.6l
5.7l
3.0l

Engine code...you sure?
Never heard a Hemi called engine code 7l. But I sure do know that it is a 5.7l. Same with the ecoD and Pentastar...6l is missing 3. And 0l is too.

But maybe this is what a salesman told someone once too.

I still call typo...but i love to learn

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lying salesmen also start rumors. When I made my first visit to a Ram dealership just to see what was what and maybe grab a brochure, the salesman assured me that Ramboxes were available on any truck.
Kind of like Ford with the model T and Buick with the Grand National . You can have any colour you want as long as it’s black . lol. Ram you can have the Ram boxes on any truck as long as it‘s a Rebel or higher with the 5.4 box .

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe it was different in 2019 but you can certainly spec any trim level with the RAMbox now (shortbed only, obviously).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it was different in 2019 but you can certainly spec any trim level with the RAMbox now (shortbed only, obviously).
In 2019 RAM was pushing to get price per transaction up higher than Ford. They definitely favored the Limited and Laramie Longhorn.

You could not get RamBox on a tradesman at that time...possibly Bighorn too...but not sure.

Still can not believe the 6'4 hasn't got them yet.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
7 liter Hemi? Where do I sign.... The mpg's on the 0L diesel must be incredible, like infinity
I was really hoping to purchase a Powerwagon with the Banshee.

7.0l Hemi with 525 horse and 575 lb ft would make me change my tune about my 8.0l V10 Magnum still being the best Gas Engine RAM ever made.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was really hoping to purchase a Powerwagon with the Banshee.

7.0l Hemi with 525 horse and 575 lb ft would make me change my tune about my 8.0l V10 Magnum still being the best Gas Engine RAM ever made.
And then you bolt on a low-PSI blower...

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
7 liter Hemi? Where do I sign.... The mpg's on the 0L diesel must be incredible, like infinity
I can sell you a 0L EcoDiesel crate engine. Or Cummins. Or Hemi. Heck, I’ll sell you a 0L W-16 or I-4 if you want. Just send money, and I’ll sell you the zero liter engine of your choice.

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
In 2019 RAM was pushing to get price per transaction up higher than Ford. They definitely favored the Limited and Laramie Longhorn.

You could not get RamBox on a tradesman at that time...possibly Bighorn too...but not sure.

Still can not believe the 6'4 hasn't got them yet.
I have never considered myself fussy, I don't button my top button and I frequently leave my boots untied, but.... the Ram Boxes.... I know they're super useful and all.... I just can't do that to the line of the bed. They look like cargo shorts on a grown man, which i also wear, but don't want on my truck.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have never considered myself fussy, I don't button my top button and I frequently leave my boots untied, but.... the Ram Boxes.... I know they're super useful and all.... I just can't do that to the line of the bed. They look like cargo shorts on a grown man, which i also wear, but don't want on my truck.
That’s a good analogy: practical, utilitarian, but not the most fashionable.

That said, I did consider getting Ramboxes, but they aren’t available on the 6’4” bed, and my payload is already low enough. If I were ever in the market for a 2500, I’d consider them again.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hahaha…Looks are definitely subjective. I’m of the opposite opinion. Beds without rambox lids look too plain to me. I think they look kinda sexy when properly aligned. :p

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Deleted my comment because it was made without doing research....

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So no one is going to comment on the EcoDiesel being an option on the Ram Rebel? I have never seen a Rebel with the EcoDiesel....

This will get you introduced

Unless you were trying to start an internet rumor...🤔

Users who are viewing this thread