5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How dark are the back windows tinted to and will ceramic tint up front match close enough to the back?

Gobassin

Reaction score
Keep in mind the back windows while darker, are only colored glass. You’ll want to put something over them if you want heat rejection properties, a must have here in FL.

My guy did Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle 15 on the back, 5 on the fronts and 30 on the windshield. Fronts and back are a perfect match which was important to me. Probably darker than you want but that’s what worked for me. Made black on black tolerable in FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you saying the rear passenger windows are colored glass? If so is the rear window colored glass as well?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My brow is around 6" at the mirror and closer to 10" at the edges. I'm 6'2", and use my visors whenever necessary. I also cannot drive without sunglasses. Missouri won't (or didn't last I checked) allow tint below the whatever they call it line.
No state allows tint below the AS1 line. Some places you can get a medical exemption, but those aren't easy. I still have 35% on my entire windshield

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you saying the rear passenger windows are colored glass? If so is the rear window colored glass as well?

I think they call it solar glass. The tint is manufactured into the glass. It's essentially died glass. It does provide some level of heat and UV rejection, but not nearly as much as a high quality aftermarket tint.

Rebob0510

Reaction score
On my truck with the shade on the pano roof open the factory tint was very light looking, I just had mine done with 35% on the fronts, 35% over the factory rear windows and a 5% visor to the "legal" line on the windshield. I really like it, Dark enough but not dark enough to get hassled. My corvette has 5% everywhere (except the windshield) and that is fun to drive at night lol

IMG_3733.JPG

Gobassin

Reaction score
I think they call it solar glass. The tint is manufactured into the glass. It's essentially died glass. It does provide some level of heat and UV rejection, but not nearly as much as a high quality aftermarket tint.
Good to know! Thanks

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Like most people I want to tint the front windows to match the back. It doesn't have to be a perfect match but I don't even know how dark the back windows are from the factory. Questions:
1. Will ceramic tint on the front windows look different from the back? And should I shoot for the same darkness as the back? What percentage is the back?
2. If I do the brow across the top of the windshield is going a little darker than the front windows going to be too noticeable?
1. If you go with 20% on the front, it will be vary close in terms of darkness. There is definitely a different when inside the truck and looking out, but only you will likely notice.
2. I have my eyebrow at 5% down to the S1 line. It isn't noticable whatsoever despite the difference in % to the front windows. I originally had a curved brow but hated it so had it replaced with a straight across brow.

Jake1050

Reaction score
I just scheduled my appointment for tomorrow (Thurs). Of the high quality ceramic tints they offered they only did 5%, 15% and 25% So I guess it will be 25 on the sides and 15 on the brow. Ill post pics after it's done. I'm old and had a brow on my 07 and got used to it. Yeah I don't like looking through the tint line and I'm 6'1" So I'm going to keep it a little high. Thanks for all the input.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just scheduled my appointment for tomorrow (Thurs). Of the high quality ceramic tints they offered they only did 5%, 15% and 25% So I guess it will be 25 on the sides and 15 on the brow. Ill post pics after it's done. I'm old and had a brow on my 07 and got used to it. Yeah I don't like looking through the tint line and I'm 6'1" So I'm going to keep it a little high. Thanks for all the input.
I'd recommend 5% for the brow.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
How long have you had the pano done? I've heard horror stories it retains the heat and can blow out the window. I left mine alone for that reason. When I lived in Az the couple shops wouldn't do it for this reason.

I've had mine done for over 4 years and was also in Arizona last year for work with zero issues? It's done in 20% ceramic tint.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With all this talk about tint, brow vs no brow…I had to get in on the fun. Never had the brow tinted before, just the front windows to match the rear stockers. Just got the brow done today (5%) to see what it’s all about. Maybe I won’t have to use my visor as much🤷🏼‍♂️. IMG_0239.jpeg IMG_0238.jpeg IMG_0237.jpeg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm starting to change my tune on the brow. Since I need to go to the tint shop to get my front wind deflectors reinstalled, I may have them do the brow. Why not.... 🤷‍♂️
Bingo!!! Why not was my exact thinking. It can easily be removed if I don’t like it. But so far I’m liking it. I agree with @CHeYeNNe71 and say dooooo iiitttt. 🤣

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m pro brow as well lol. Full windshield tinted at 50% plus the 5% brow. My first brow was lower like I like it as it was hand cut to a specific size. New windshield had to go with a new tint guy since I moved and he only did plotter template cuts so had to go with what he had.

Attachments

• IMG_6304.jpeg
    IMG_6304.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 10

dajogejr

Reaction score
I'm just looking at these clean black trucks in the snow wondering why I can't keep my white truck clean this time of the year.
You and me both. I can’t keep my patriot blue clean for nothing…
Funny, I hate the evil eye/brow look on Jeep Wranglers… absolutely hate it.
But as it pertains to the front windshield, I got it on mine and have adjusted to it..and prefer it. I’m 6’.
Pulling up to lights sometimes is a little challenge, around here we have lights just above the stop line but at other intersections they’re way far forward to the line…
I’ve adapted…and like I don’t have to worry about putting the visor down. AND… neither does the wife… drives me crazy when she folds it down and just leaves it… LOL

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You and me both. I can’t keep my patriot blue clean for nothing…
Funny, I hate the evil eye/brow look on Jeep Wranglers… absolutely hate it.
But as it pertains to the front windshield, I got it on mine and have adjusted to it..and prefer it. I’m 6’.
Pulling up to lights sometimes is a little challenge, around here we have lights just above the stop line but at other intersections they’re way far forward to the line…
I’ve adapted…and like I don’t have to worry about putting the visor down. AND… neither does the wife… drives me crazy when she folds it down and just leaves it… LOL
Ok, LEAVING the visor down is a big no no, but I definitely use my visors.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just looking at these clean black trucks in the snow wondering why I can't keep my white truck clean this time of the year.
I washed mine yesterday on lunch because it was annoying me staring at it all morning dirty :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread