5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How dark are the back windows tinted to and will ceramic tint up front match close enough to the back?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve adapted…and like I don’t have to worry about putting the visor down. AND… neither does the wife… drives me crazy when she folds it down and just leaves it… LOL
I hate the visor up, annoys me. Both of mine are down and I don't have a passenger, but my dad borrowed my truck and put them up. WTF Willis!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've still got a couple more months before I'm due for a wash. A little sad all the snow melted. Kinda ruins my camo paint job.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I washed mine yesterday on lunch because it was annoying me staring at it all morning dirty :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I have the Car Wash subscription…~$30 a month for unlimited washes so I be sure to get my moneys worth. Plus I wanted to get the road salt off before the snow we will be getting hit with today.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Car Wash subscription…~$30 a month for unlimited washes so I be sure to get my moneys worth. Plus I wanted to get the road salt off before the snow we will be getting hit with today.
Exactly! Same here. We got the snow started overnight. I'm ready for 50's and sunny!!

ocwill1

Reaction score
How long have you had the pano done? I've heard horror stories it retains the heat and can blow out the window. I left mine alone for that reason. When I lived in Az the couple shops wouldn't do it for this reason.

This truck, since I got it in September, however I have done it to all of my vehicles for the last 10 or so years. All of them have been ceramic, not sure if that matters or not..

Rebob0510

Reaction score

Same here! They dump the salt heavy here in upstate NY. With the unlimited plan there are days when there's no line that I will do a couple laps and run my truck through twice. Other days I stop on my way to work and will stop again on the way home LOL. On top of unlimited car washes the place I use also gives you anywhere from $.20-.40 off a gallon of gas.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Same here! They dump the salt heavy here in upstate NY. With the unlimited plan there are days when there's no line that I will do a couple laps and run my truck through twice. Other days I stop on my way to work and will stop again on the way home LOL. On top of unlimited car washes the place I use also gives you anywhere from $.20-.40 off a gallon of gas.
Delta Sonic.......

dajogejr

Reaction score
I used to do the same. Until the first time I took my brand new truck to the local car wash monthly subscription place and ended up with this…and full front end PPF and ceramic coat later… LOL. Touchless car washes only for this guy.

Attachments

• 71529024364__6CADAED0-384F-405F-99A0-DA849CF378D4.jpeg
    71529024364__6CADAED0-384F-405F-99A0-DA849CF378D4.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 71529022963__1BFFE1B3-E1D5-41B6-93C8-942F28861AEE.jpeg
    71529022963__1BFFE1B3-E1D5-41B6-93C8-942F28861AEE.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 21

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to do the same. Until the first time I took my brand new truck to the local car wash monthly subscription place and ended up with this…and full front end PPF and ceramic coat later… LOL. Touchless car washes only for this guy.
I guess I have been lucky over the course of the 5ish years that I’ve had it. I fear parking lots way more than the car wash. I have dings in places I didn’t know existed on a truck. Lol. But for real, if I could find a brushless car wash I’d give it a try.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you are doing ha d washes at home from time to time, brushless car washes never get your vehicle clean. There is always a film of dirt left on it. Don't care if you have ceramic coating or not. And wiping it down to dry after the fact, without removing the dirt left behind, is just as bad as using a car wash with the spinning or hanging brushes.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Unless you are doing ha d washes at home from time to time, brushless car washes never get your vehicle clean. There is always a film of dirt left on it. Don't care if you have ceramic coating or not. And wiping it down to dry after the fact, without removing the dirt left behind, is just as bad as using a car wash with the spinning or hanging brushes.
100% true. I pre-soak/spray down my truck with ONR and brush my wheels prior to hitting the touchless…. And use a leaf blower to dry off the remainder of the water that the blower dryers don’t get.
Yes…no where near as good hand wash.
But way better than a spinning brush with who knows what in the brushes, when they were cleaned…IF they’ve been cleaned.

I do handwash when weather permits. Not practical right about now in single digit temps. :)
I’ve tried 3-4 different touchless near me…and they don’t do as nearly good of a job as hand. But it’s quick and easy if it’s not too dirty. I hit it with some ceramic boost every few washes as well. I forgot how tough It is to keep dark clean looking…damn worth it when it’s clean though.

Users who are viewing this thread