5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the 2019's holding up?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did noticed our largest RAM dealership has a good stock of trucks and selling them with some discounts. Chevy and Ford have very little stock and zero discounts. Though this could be a localized thing at the moment.

yellowboy

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed there's a shortage of new trucks and prices are through the roof..that is why I'm keeping it.
I know exactly what is going on, that is why my lemon law case has been started. I won't put more money into a money pit.

MurdaRam

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 32k miles
-Restraint controller recall done
-fuel tank filler neck replaced
-Rear window surround cracked and has been replaced twice now
-replaced all 4 door checks that were dragging and making a rough sound
-updated power steering to newest firmware because vibration was felt at low speeds while turning
-transfer case firmware updated because 4wd auto was binding
-transmission updated to latest firmware for rough downshift
-Mopar katzkin leather seat cracked and Ram has yet to repair under warranty
As far as engine and transmission goes it’s been a good truck lol

Last edited:

yellowboy

Reaction score
I said this before - IMO Ram rushed this truck into production because F150 was beating it bad (and still is). I am not loyal to any one brand, I just want a truck that's reliable. One that doesn't waste my time going back and forth to dealer , or sitting at the dealer for repairs. I am tired of using uber to get home since the shuttle was suspended due to covid or bothering my friends to pick me up, or doing the paperwork and waiting for a rental . I have better things to do.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I said this before - IMO Ram rushed this truck into production because F150 was beating it bad (and still is). I am not loyal to any one brand, I just want a truck that's reliable. One that doesn't waste my time going back and forth to dealer , or sitting at the dealer for repairs. I am tired of using uber to get home since the shuttle was suspended due to covid or bothering my friends to pick me up, or doing the paperwork and waiting for a rental . I have better things to do.
Just curious, does Uber allow Deke to ride too?

muzikmafiatim

Reaction score
2019 Limited with Hemi. Lots of mis-fire issues. 2019 cylinder 5 had a bad injector, Nov 2021 cylinder 7 had bad compression so they swapped the head, and then a few weeks ago cylinder 3 had a bad injector. Driver side mirror fold in gears were stripped. Still LOVE the truck when it's running. ha ha. Extended the warranty out to 100k so any other issues that WILL pop up is Rams problem. I only have about 30k on the truck, so at this point with dealers having no inventory I am not looking to trade up since I got the truck at a ridiculous price during Ram Truck Month in 2019.

UPDATE. Add cylinder 8 with misfire. So they replaced the plugs, wire, coil, and injector. Runs great again. So that would be 4 out of 8 cylinders that have had misfire issues and I am still under 36k. At least they fixed it in just 2 hours.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE. Add cylinder 8 with misfire. So they replaced the plugs, wire, coil, and injector. Runs great again. So that would be 4 out of 8 cylinders that have had misfire issues and I am still under 36k. At least they fixed it in just 2 hours.
Sounds like a lemon engine. I had a Challenger with the 5.7 for 10 years (over 100k miles) and never had a single problem. I have had this truck for almost 3 years and zero engine issues. I think your problems are unusual for the Hemi line.

Users who are viewing this thread