5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Mikefs234

Reaction score
Purchased my Ram 1500 longhorn used From dealership, have had truck a year with no issues up until a month ago. I cannot fuel the truck without 500 clicks very irritating. I do have the service number to show my local dealership, hoping they do the right thing and fix for free cause this should be a recall. And yes tried multiply pumps and pumps out of state with same results

Raydar

Reaction score
Purchased in June of 2019. ~22K on the odo.
The only real issues I've had with mine are with the entertainment system continuously resetting when I plug my iPod Touch into the USB. It worked okay, once, and the next time I drove it, it started this resetting BS. They ought to do better than that. In contrast, my ancient iPod Nano works just about flawlessly, through the USB, with the possible exception of the music track title randomly not advancing on the radio display.
The only other issue I've noticed is that, a few days ago, I shut off the engine and heard a scraping/squeaking noise after the engine shut off. Almost sounded like a noisy clutch fan, except that the Ram has electric fans, so who knows? Hasn't done it since then.

I suppose that the 4WD front axle harness getting chewed in half is not Ram's fault, although the "service 4WD" light coming on will give you a bit of a heart palpitation - especially if you happen to need 4WD at that exact moment. With that said, it was a relatively inexpensive fix, and only took a day to get the replacement harness, once I figured out the correct part #.

Update: Now at 44K on the odo. Still relatively trouble free. I figured out that the iPod Touch issue was likely due to multiple bad cables. Go figure.
Android Auto is kind of a PITA, when I'm using Waze. The directions come through the radio speakers at a much lower volume than the radio program, even though the program material is muted for the directions. Still could be a setting. I don't use it often enough for it to be an issue.

No more "varmint chewed" harnesses. :D

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased my Ram 1500 longhorn used From dealership, have had truck a year with no issues up until a month ago. I cannot fuel the truck without 500 clicks very irritating. I do have the service number to show my local dealership, hoping they do the right thing and fix for free cause this should be a recall. And yes tried multiply pumps and pumps out of state with same results
Let us know what you find out the cause was.

Mikefs234

Reaction score
Let us know what you find out the cause was.
Finally got the truck into dealership, they are replacing the tank and filler to fix the issue. Parts on order and will drop off the truck when they arrive. Provided them with the TSA for the fuel filler issues, no help with warrenty. 907 dollars out the door and was told if it ever becomes a recall they will refund my money. I’d love to know how many trucks have had this issue just for my brain to calculate why RAM knows of the issue but won’t stand by their product. Love my truck but customer service in general is nonexistent anymore, it’s a shame.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the truck into dealership, they are replacing the tank and filler to fix the issue. Parts on order and will drop off the truck when they arrive. Provided them with the TSA for the fuel filler issues, no help with warrenty. 907 dollars out the door and was told if it ever becomes a recall they will refund my money. I’d love to know how many trucks have had this issue just for my brain to calculate why RAM knows of the issue but won’t stand by their product. Love my truck but customer service in general is nonexistent anymore, it’s a shame.
Sorry to hear that Ram isn't handling it as a warranty issue for you. Keep good records (receipts, emails, calls, date & time discussed with service advisor, etc.) in case Ram does make it a recall issue and you can apply for reimbursement. By chance did you ask to talk to the area rep, see if that person will agree it was a factory defect and make good on it?
I hope that fixes it and you have no more issues.

Mikefs234

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Ram isn't handling it as a warranty issue for you. Keep good records (receipts, emails, calls, date & time discussed with service advisor, etc.) in case Ram does make it a recall issue and you can apply for reimbursement. By chance did you ask to talk to the area rep, see if that person will agree it was a factory defect and make good on it?
I hope that fixes it and you have no more issues.
I did not, I understand that my warranty is out, and I accept it, but there is something to say of the old school thinking of on faith, cause RAM knows it’s an issue

Mikefs234

Reaction score
Update, got my truck back today. They replaced the tank and the filler tube and fuel vapor vent. Total out of pocket was 1,472 dollars. Immediately went and filled truck, it worked…imagine that!

edgarrian

Reaction score
I have not had this issue that you speak of. When it comes to recall work. If its not safety oriented and caused damage and death. The manufacturers typically are let off the hook. Im surprised the fix required the replacement of everything that could cause the problem. They couldn't narrow it down?

Mikefs234

Reaction score
No, when picking up the truck all they told me was it failed the test that is performed, the TSB that RAM put out says to change 3 parts with the tank being last. Again RAM knows this is an issue and they replaced all 3 to minimize me and other people having this problem with multiple trips back to them for not fixing the issue with just say the filler valve. My dealership knows I got the raw deal but it is what it is…I needed to be able to put fuel in my truck….i take multiple trips to Wisconsin from Kentucky as my son goes to college there.

Users who are viewing this thread