5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrible Smell coming from The AC

dogsnapper1984

Reaction score
It's a known problem with new FCA vehicles.
I traded my 2018 Pacifica because of that and my Ram did the same thing pretty much since day 1.
I visit the dealer every few months for this reason.
I actually went to the dealer to address this today and scheduled an appointment for next Friday. I will probably have them re-charge the system and clean the AC radiator from bacteria.
When my service adviser smelled it his reaction was so funny :D "Dude, IT SMELLS LIKE BUTT", His words.
I think the system is undercharged from the factory and that's what causing this issue.
Will keep you posted.
This is what I think is happening with mine ok mine can sit for two days when I open the door it’s there but especially the back door so I do construction and the site I’m on has a road made of basically concrete dust and I park closest to the site but it doesn’t matter everyone gets a dust bath like I’m talking you can write on the car it’s so bad so bc I just bought it and it wasn’t there the first few days bc I was off work but there is a car wash close to the site and I take it threw every single day unless it’s raining already to get that concrete off my new baby and now it just won’t go away and I think that bc of the undercarriage spray the little storage spots behind the seat well they are coated in an actual soft fabric and I think bc I wash so much it’s started to mold but of course I don’t know what the fix would be but what a terrible design I love the little floor boxes but wish they weren’t there now bc I would do anything minus sell the truck to get rid of it. Nothing works to get rid but I can’t stop washing it so I’m gonna see if this place will turn off undercarriage for me I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread