5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrible First Impressions - Huge Fail

RobMck

Reaction score
This is the first time I decided to give Chrysler a try. I've owned Chevy, Caddy, Ford, Honda, Isuzu, Subaru, Fiat. I just had delivered to me a 2025 Ram 1500. This truck is the worst new vehicle I've ever had. Fit and finish is not good. Here's how it was delivered, with a razor blade left rusting in the bed, tailgate rusting, fog lamp with water in it, light switches that don't work, software glitch, and the bed not aligned properly. In attempting to get these problems fixed, I spent five hours at a dealer for them to do NOTHING! They said they don't do body work and that the software glitch was NORMAL! This morning I've been calling another dealer in the area that is supposed to do body work for three hours. Service has yet to answer their phone. Sales answered, parts answered, but not service. I asked the parts guy to go over to service to see if anyone is actually working. About five minutes later he gets back on the phone and said he talked to a service guy and he would transfer me to him and he'll answer. I was transferred and several rings later...voice mail. Works first impressions possible. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT!

This is the first time I decided to give Chrysler a try. I've owned Chevy, Caddy, Ford, Honda, Isuzu, Subaru, Fiat. I just had delivered to me a 2025 Ram 1500. This truck is the worst new vehicle I've ever had. Fit and finish is not good. Here's how it was delivered, with a razor blade left rusting in the bed, tailgate rusting, fog lamp with water in it, light switches that don't work, software glitch, and the bed not aligned properly. In attempting to get these problems fixed, I spent five hours at a dealer for them to do NOTHING! They said they don't do body work and that the software glitch was NORMAL! This morning I've been calling another dealer in the area that is supposed to do body work for three hours. Service has yet to answer their phone. Sales answered, parts answered, but not service. I asked the parts guy to go over to service to see if anyone is actually working. About five minutes later he gets back on the phone and said he talked to a service guy and he would transfer me to him and he'll answer. I was transferred and several rings later...voice mail. Works first impressions possible. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT!
Did you look at it before purchasing??

What a bummer, can you send it back for a refund? Made by fiat after all.

my question.

Why did you take delivery??

If you took dealer stock shame on you.

if you ordered it, you should have refused it.

Should have used that "fine tooth comb" before you signed for the truck.

Tailgate rusting and bed not aligned? Pictures please.

Yeah, that sucks.

Since you already took ownership of it...you do own it. Name the dealer.

I don't think anyone would be happy with a new vehicle with those issues. Some states have laws that allow a return, with full refund, of a purchased vehicle within a narrow timeframe after buying it. These are "buyer regret" laws. If this does not apply to you, I'd think you'd be best served by seeking legal advice about lemon laws as they pertain to your particular circumstance.

You can always be the guy who loudly proclaims about your issues in the sales area...every time someone comes in to buy a truck. Failing all that...find the general manager and show him the issues. Then ask what he would expect if he had purchased it like that.

As much on the buyer as the seller here. If it was really as bad as indicated, you should have never taken it.

I don't think that Rams any different than any other brand. I spoke with an independent mechanic he said all new cars are junk. His 2023 Ford f150 had many defects when he took ownership of it. Parts missing and other issues.
Even the gold stadard.... Toyota will be replacing 100,000 engines in the new Tundra.

I don't think that Rams any different than any other brand. I spoke with an independent mechanic he said all new cars are junk. His 2023 Ford f150 had many defects when he took ownership of it. Parts missing and other issues.
Even the gold stadard.... Toyota will be replacing 100,000 engines in the new Tundra.
Agreed, though I don't have rose tinted glasses regarding past reliability of mass produced vehicles.

Some current findings show a general drop in quality. Ram is surprisingly higher than Ford.

A close buddy of mine works as a shop foreman at a large Honda dealer near me - they routinely have big issues - difference is / according to him once identified they fix them asap and treat the owner like gold - to prevent bad press / online reviews etc. apparently he does odyssey transmissions like they are free. Sucks a new vehicle has those issues but like many have said - shouldn’t have accepted it - which is sometimes easier said than done.

Seems like most of these “problems” could have been spotted during a walkthrough in which you would have walked away and bought another truck. Taking delivery didn’t help you and now you have to rely on the dealers stellar service department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Seems like most of these “problems” could have been spotted during a walkthrough in which you would have walked away and bought another truck. Taking delivery didn’t help you and now you have to rely on the delivers stellar service department.

Yep. I spend up to an hour going over my ordered trucks visually and trying the function of every button/switch or other options before signing any paperwork. I’d do exactly the same with a truck already on the dealer lot.

Yep me too.. on top of checking the body panel gaps and check for any repaints. It’s just a given I can careless if it’s a brand new vehicle or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back