5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrible First Impressions - Huge Fail

Really? Tell us, how do you check that the antisway function is working? How about the all the tow package controls, do you back your truck up to an RV and tow it around for a while checking everything is working, plug in extra cameras from the trailer to make sure all those pieces work? Do you drive it around in 4 wheel drive on bad surfaces to check it's all working? How about the anti-spin function, do you check that out? Or the ELRA? Do you find a place to make sure it's locking up correctly? Did you go through every page and check every switch on the displays? How many hours do you spend on the walk through? One?!
Don’t know what to tell you except you bought a lemon. I’ve bought and inspected over a dozen new vehicles over the years finding very few issues and every single one has been exceptional over my years of ownership with not even one warranty claim. It’s the luck of the draw and sounds like you were dealt a losing hand from the start. Sorry to hear that. I totally understand your frustration.

Do I really need to go through every point? I didn't find the broken fog lamp until it rained and got water in it. I didn't find the software glitch until I paged through the screens and noticed an anomaly. I didn't find the dimming switch issue until I started looking at the fog lamp and discovered the switches have multiple functions not readily apparent. How's that? Did I complain enough now about other things? No wait, I just picked up the truck from the body shop to fix the tailgate, bed and light. And now I have a scratch on the driver's door, the odometer is flashing and the cruise control, both versions, don't work!! How's that for complaining. But I suppose that's all my fault as well.
Your original post said nothing of a timeline on when you found said issues, which makes it sound like they were all known before purchase the way you were complaining. Which is why you had so many comments about not accepting delivery.

As someone else mentioned, if you are that unhappy with the truck, contact a local lemon law attorney to see if your truck fits the requirements for buying back in your state. They will arbitrate a settlement for you, plus extra for your time having to deal with the issues. Usually includes refund of full purchase prices any taxes and fees associated with title and registration, any interest paid on loan, and work you paid to have done to the truck, including accessories you may have added, and the lawyers feesz so there is no out-of-pocket expense for the lawyer.

OP, can you elaborate on "delivered". You mentioned "a dealer" so I'm assuming that dealer wasn't involved in the purchase? Internet purchase? Factory order? What inspection procedure was used?

Given the issues you identified, your frustration is understandable. Having said that, one truck/one dealer does not indict the entire brand. I've owned Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge/RAM products for 50+ years of generally satisfied motoring.

Most "rant" posts include seeking advice or experience from forum members with similar circumstance. Yours did not, though some have offered, so I'm curious about the purpose of your post.

They don’t make things like they used to I guess. Good luck

Quality control doesn t seem to be a high priority and the dealers can be useless in some cases. I feel your pain as when you drop off truck and get it back with more damage. I would ride that dealer for every item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back