5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrible First Impressions - Huge Fail

For all of you that responded with "it's the buyer's fault." You missed the entire point of the post. I've purchased DOZENS of new vehicles. Not a single one had an issue. Even the used vehicles I purchased didn't have problems. Yet this one, brand new has a ton of them, and that's on the consumer?! With that attitude, no wonder products and services are becoming crap. And, how is it on the consumer when a business doesn't respond to calls, voice mails and texts?! All of you would "reject" a vehicle that has a single bad gap? Or do you draw the line at, two, three, four?? And, tell me, how many of you measure the bed gap between the bed and the cab? The only reason I found the bed gap problem was because there was a squeak. In tracking down the squeak, I found the bed issue.

my question.

Why did you take delivery??

If you took dealer stock shame on you.

if you ordered it, you should have refused it.

Shame on ME!? I didn't build it, I didn't sell it, but it's my fault? If the engine has a problem in the next 100 miles, is that my fault as well?

Always love the new member first post bashing the brand to get everyone fired up.
Why would I be a member if I don't own the vehicle? I wouldn't have the need to bash the brand if the product was at least up to par with others.

Yeah, that sucks.

Since you already took ownership of it...you do own it. Name the dealer.

I don't think anyone would be happy with a new vehicle with those issues. Some states have laws that allow a return, with full refund, of a purchased vehicle within a narrow timeframe after buying it. These are "buyer regret" laws. If this does not apply to you, I'd think you'd be best served by seeking legal advice about lemon laws as they pertain to your particular circumstance.

You can always be the guy who loudly proclaims about your issues in the sales area...every time someone comes in to buy a truck. Failing all that...find the general manager and show him the issues. Then ask what he would expect if he had purchased it like that.
I've already looked into this state's lemon laws. It won't be too much more before it goes over the edge.

For all of you that responded with "it's the buyer's fault." You missed the entire point of the post. I've purchased DOZENS of new vehicles. Not a single one had an issue. Even the used vehicles I purchased didn't have problems. Yet this one, brand new has a ton of them, and that's on the consumer?! With that attitude, no wonder products and services are becoming crap. And, how is it on the consumer when a business doesn't respond to calls, voice mails and texts?! All of you would "reject" a vehicle that has a single bad gap? Or do you draw the line at, two, three, four?? And, tell me, how many of you measure the bed gap between the bed and the cab? The only reason I found the bed gap problem was because there was a squeak. In tracking down the squeak, I found the bed issue.
So all the issues you listed that were found upon delivery, and the only one you are focusing on is the bed gap? And then getting upset because people were saying you shouldn't have accepted it, after you listed several disqualifying issues and have done nothing but complain about the fit and finish.

Should have used that "fine tooth comb" before you signed for the truck.

Tailgate rusting and bed not aligned? Pictures please.

The misaligned bed I can't show. However, the body shop manager verified the misalignment after swearing it couldn't happen.

Attachments

• 20240927_100416.jpg
    20240927_100416.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 55
So all the issues you listed that were found upon delivery, and the only one you are focusing on is the bed gap? And then getting upset because people were saying you shouldn't have accepted it, after you listed several disqualifying issues and have done nothing but complain about the fit and finish.
Do I really need to go through every point? I didn't find the broken fog lamp until it rained and got water in it. I didn't find the software glitch until I paged through the screens and noticed an anomaly. I didn't find the dimming switch issue until I started looking at the fog lamp and discovered the switches have multiple functions not readily apparent. How's that? Did I complain enough now about other things? No wait, I just picked up the truck from the body shop to fix the tailgate, bed and light. And now I have a scratch on the driver's door, the odometer is flashing and the cruise control, both versions, don't work!! How's that for complaining. But I suppose that's all my fault as well.

Yep. I spend up to an hour going over my ordered trucks visually and trying the function of every button/switch or other options before signing any paperwork. I’d do exactly the same with a truck already on the dealer lot.
Really? Tell us, how do you check that the antisway function is working? How about the all the tow package controls, do you back your truck up to an RV and tow it around for a while checking everything is working, plug in extra cameras from the trailer to make sure all those pieces work? Do you drive it around in 4 wheel drive on bad surfaces to check it's all working? How about the anti-spin function, do you check that out? Or the ELRA? Do you find a place to make sure it's locking up correctly? Did you go through every page and check every switch on the displays? How many hours do you spend on the walk through? One?!

I am wondering if your truck was possibly in an accident before it was delivered. My father bought a new Silverado once, and saw some odd overspray underneath the truck when he was doing an oil change. When he spoke to the dealer about it, he was then informed that the bedside has been damaged during transit, and the truck had been repaired and repainted. Evidently there is no requirement for a selling dealer to disclose that kind of situation.

So someone that doesn't like the product and service is very crazy. Or is it simply that I disagree with you?

No, I think it's your exaggerations of reality and lack of critical thinking that makes you crazy.

You guys can have your pig-pile on the new guy here to complain, have a heated conversation, but the personal insults don't fly here and everyone knows that.

You know who you are and it's not even close to the first time (multiple warnings).

Next one gets a long timeout, it may even be time for a permanent ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back