5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honest Question On Those Red Seats...

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you are wrong on the vinyl seats, the only part I don’t like is that it’s got the cloth/mesh inserts that will eventually get a pull or tear in the material and then it’s over. But my truck has 10k miles and the seats are fine. Pretty sure it’s the same “leather” that came in most of the 4th gen trucks. (Sport and Laramie)

and why they haven’t switched to power tow mirrors (when they already exist) is beyond me.

andyc16

Reaction score
For what its worth I spent a decent time test driving one with the red accented seats and loved them. Until I saw what is now my current truck with all black leather. To me it is 100x better looking and I love all the red accents throughout the cab so much more with the all black seats.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
So what's the verdict on the Red "Vinyl" seats in the Rebel? Will they hold up as well as all cloth or all leather? I've seen older Rams where the driver's seats are all torn up, both cloth and leather, so nothing is indestructible. However, if the Red vinyl portion of the seats aren't durable enough, that could be a deal breaker for me. I personally like the Red trimmed seats in the Rebel, but not willing to sacrifice looks for something I'm going to have to put seat covers over within a year or two.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what's the verdict on the Red "Vinyl" seats in the Rebel? Will they hold up as well as all cloth or all leather? I've seen older Rams where the driver's seats are all torn up, both cloth and leather, so nothing is indestructible. However, if the Red vinyl portion of the seats aren't durable enough, that could be a deal breaker for me. I personally like the Red trimmed seats in the Rebel, but not willing to sacrifice looks for something I'm going to have to put seat covers over within a year or two.
I don’t know about Ram, but some “pleather” seats I’ve had will be here when the earth has come and gone.

clazer

Reaction score
I don’t know about Ram, but some “pleather” seats I’ve had will be here when the earth has come and gone.

Ditto- the leather seats I’ve had are actually the shortest lived due to sliding in and out of the driver seat so much.

Bookemdano

Reaction score
I call it the Deadpool Leather. I wasn't excited about them when I first saw them, but now I dig it. It's a darker red than the regular dodge red. Plus, it's got a little bit of texture to it, just like Deadpool's suit!

Calling it Deadpool leather kinda makes it more manly, too. :p

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I love the interior of my Rebel, I honestly wasn't sure about the reddish accents, but in person, it looks great. Good quality feel as well.

The Vinyl/Cloth mix seats look good and feel good, as good as the higher end leatherette in German cars I've owned. In fact, I usually prefer it over leather due to the ease of maintenance and durability.

My only issue is the cloth centers. I don't like cloth on seats because of staining and the cloth on the Rebel seats is right in the middle where your clothes would be the most dirty and therefore get the seats dirty. I know why they did it, looks great in contrast and helps the vinyl seats to breath better.

Luckily the cloth inserts are dark, so they are not likely to show any stains. They also look very durable and easy to clean.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Sooooo of the many different models i've come across for my upgrade of my 2019 Lone Star, i'm now eyeing a Rebel that absolutely has every single thing i want (pano/Rambox/Proximity key/alpine/blind spot/33 gallon/NAV/wheel liners ETC...)and only ONE thing i'm not quite sure of....

Do y'all find yourselves getting a lot of compliments on the RED part of the seats & the red accents on the doors & dash, OR a lot of, "whoa! kinda loud, isn't it?"?

I know its definitely a love it or hate it thing, i'm more curious what feedback y'all Rebel owners get on the interior...More love or more of the other kind of reaction?! : )

Thanks!

My family loves it, and I think it's part of the sex appeal of the truck, plus it's Masculine as hell

PedalMonk

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram Rebel came with the red accent but the seats are black! Honestly, this is how it should be IMHO. That being said, everyone who sees the red is amazed on how good it looks.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
The interior was one of the appeals of the truck for me. Nothing but rave reviews from friends and family. This includes many automotive enthusiasts and my wife!

andyc16

Reaction score
I have the rebel with 12 package or whatever and I'm glad I waited, I liked the all of the red until I found a truck will all black seats. The red accents on the dash and door are awesome but the all black leather in imo is way better

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score
Doesn't really bother me.
Talk about my all beige Audi that I sold. That was an eye soar xD

Users who are viewing this thread