5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honest Question On Those Red Seats...

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Sooooo of the many different models i've come across for my upgrade of my 2019 Lone Star, i'm now eyeing a Rebel that absolutely has every single thing i want (pano/Rambox/Proximity key/alpine/blind spot/33 gallon/NAV/wheel liners ETC...)and only ONE thing i'm not quite sure of....

Do y'all find yourselves getting a lot of compliments on the RED part of the seats & the red accents on the doors & dash, OR a lot of, "whoa! kinda loud, isn't it?"?

I know its definitely a love it or hate it thing, i'm more curious what feedback y'all Rebel owners get on the interior...More love or more of the other kind of reaction?! : )

Thanks!

machz

Reaction score
I have not heard a single negative about the rebel interior. I have a few GMC/Ford loyal friends that rave about the interior on the rebel. There is no question you will find some that don't like red interiors but even then it's hard to knock the rebel interior.

TimG

Reaction score
When I first ordered my Rebel, I was very worried that I was going to regret it because red isn't really my thing. But when I saw it in person, it is actually very complimentary to the design/attitude of the truck, and isn't so in-your-face as it looks in pictures.
When other people get in/look in, the thing they say is usually "Man, red is a bold choice, but this kinda works" (or something to that effect).
Ultimately, it a decision that you will have to make as to whether you like it or not. You are the one that will see it every day (and make the payments for it).

kjn86

Reaction score
No comments from anyone either way. Everyone that gets in loves the interior. I personally would prefer all black but I kind of like it being unique. Of all the colors other than black (or grey) it could be, I would say red is the best one though IMHO. The Grand Cherokee Trailhawk has red accents and I liked that look on the all black Jeep also. I am sure they will come out with an all black Rebel with everything blacked out - interior, wheels, skid plate, etc. to entire new buyers. The red definitely wouldn't sway me from buying this model though. So many more things I like about it relative to the other models. I think they nailed it with this truck from the factory.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I have shown my truck to a lot of people and not one has said anything negative about the accent red. Infact they love it. They love the 12inch screen as well. I think it looks fantastic.

clazer

Reaction score
Ditto on what the others are saying. Even my most picky friends like the red interior. All compliments. It took two looks for it to “grow” on me personally.

More of an FYI, my previous (totaled) ride was a redline red trailhawk grand Cherokee with the red/black seats. They both look good.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I did not like the red plastic components on the base of the seats and the whole back of the seat being red. So, went with the Rebel 12 package to get the black leather seats. I think it is a good mix of the black and red. I'm not really sure red is a good word for the color though. It's darker than the pictures online show it. More of a blood or wine color.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of all of the red when looking at pictures online. But the red was much more subtle in person atleast for me. Have gotten compliments that it looks sharp but everyone is different. Definently have to look in person to get a good feeling for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothin but compliment after compliment. It's a classy red, not too bright and I think is what most people that buy them are drawn to... why else would you even look at a Rebel? The grille? Maybe. Everything else can be added to any other trim.

NorthCountryEvo

Reaction score
I personally would have preferred a more subdued/less loud interior on my Rebel, but for what it's worth, it has grown on me and doesn't seem too bold on a daily basis. I haven't gotten any negative feedback from people who have seen the truck, though, and most generally rave about the interior to me.

Yedi

Reaction score
first off, who cares what anyone else thinks, its your truck! Personally I LOVE the Rebel interior, first thing that really popped at me. everyone Ive showed thinks its an awesome interior. Makes any Gm or Ford look like a joke.

edgarrian

Reaction score
first off, who cares what anyone else thinks, its your truck! Personally I LOVE the Rebel interior, first thing that really popped at me. everyone Ive showed thinks its an awesome interior. Makes any Gm or Ford look like a joke.

I agree with you on this. It makes any of those trucks look boring. Fords raptor interior is boring in comparison and that truck is awfully expensive to not have interior that pops. There is some interior combinations that i don't like at all. My buddy has a BMW and it has wood grain in it. It just seems out of place and something an old man would love. Id like to see more color options for the accent.

Take for instance my 2007 Mustang GT. It was premium but the cabin of the car is nothing to brag about. Grays and Black. Same with my Tundra that I had. It was new in 2014. Kind of boring interior. I honestly think if manufacturers would be more open to this sort of thing people would be ok with it. I also think they should start listing as an option car boosters. The would be great.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I agree with you on this. It makes any of those trucks look boring. Fords raptor interior is boring in comparison and that truck is awfully expensive to not have interior that pops. There is some interior combinations that i don't like at all. My buddy has a BMW and it has wood grain in it. It just seems out of place and something an old man would love. Id like to see more color options for the accent.

Take for instance my 2007 Mustang GT. It was premium but the cabin of the car is nothing to brag about. Grays and Black. Same with my Tundra that I had. It was new in 2014. Kind of boring interior. I honestly think if manufacturers would be more open to this sort of thing people would be ok with it. I also think they should start listing as an option car boosters. The would be great.

ty so so so much for ALL of the inputs and opinions, y'all have helped so much.

I DID see it IN PERSON and it still hit me like "whoa, that is LOUD!" NOW, keep in mind i am coming from a Lone Star with a black appearance group so every single thing is black from exhaust tips to grille letters & interior is every shade of matte black they could come up with it, i absolutely LOVE the black headliner & all the accents of current...so it threw me a tad (the back seat especially) but im never back there, so might be fairly easy to live with!

Its not my personal choice, but OMG i have searched far and wide and this is the ONLY 2019 model that will tick every box if i upgrade from my 2019 Lone Star, so i (especially with ALL of y'all's input) am swaying towards jumping on it! I will update if i get it, Saturday is the day i drive mine RIGHT next to it and decide. Got a killer deal and really am excited and thanks to y'all have a tad better perspective on the red/maroon/wine interior : )

Thanks again!

Rebel 12

Reaction score
If you get a Rebel12 you get black leather seats and the Harman kardon stereo system 900 watts 19 speakers

Attachments

• 15591685726262730893392530901638.jpg
    15591685726262730893392530901638.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 15591686073773155640184461686447.jpg
    15591686073773155640184461686447.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 122

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Obviously it’s very subjective but I think they did an incredible job on the Rebel. The only combo I’m not crazy about is the Red exterior with the Rebel because I feel it clashes a bit with the interior. Just my opinion of course. Everyone that has been in mine has loved it. That said, it has to be right for you. Go see it again! Listen closely and it will speak to you :LOL:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Obviously it’s very subjective but I think they did an incredible job on the Rebel. The only combo I’m not crazy about is the Red exterior with the Rebel because I feel it clashes a bit with the interior. Just my opinion of course. Everyone that has been in mine has loved it. That said, it has to be right for you. Go see it again! Listen closely and it will speak to you :LOL:

Just got back... I went to the local lot and while i didn't want to have a salesguy bother with a key since their model had NOTHING i wanted, so this is snapped OUTSIDE thru the window but i still think it captured the essence of how "muted & pretty it is" i REALLY liked it this time - oh, the power of "positive thinking" : )

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

Just got back... I went to the local lot and while i didn't want to have a salesguy bother with a key since their model had NOTHING i wanted, so this is snapped OUTSIDE thru the window but i still think it captured the essence of how "muted & pretty it is" i REALLY liked it this time - oh, the power of "positive thinking" : )

View attachment 26742

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely a personal choice. I walked up to one, looked inside, walked away and bought a Limited all black interior. That being said, I may have jumped on the Rebel 12. FWIW, came out of a 2017 Raptor...very mundane when compared to any 2019 Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread