5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honest Question On Those Red Seats...

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was unsure about this too, I historically don’t like red and certainly not on the interior. Ever.

But I actually love it now. I love that it’s not just black.

I think old 80s-90s red interiors made have scarred us all, like fox body and c/k truck interiors. I mean those are the WORST. This is actually legit. No Ragrets.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
And I totally already am liking how different & unique BUT tasteful that shade of red is, like a dark cherry wine : )
Tomorrow is the day that I go down there and see if I can get the deal of a lifetime : ) It's their last day of the month and it's already discounted $13,000 which is over 20% but I'm shooting for 25! But if the rest of the truck, ride & feel speak to me as much as all the options do it'll be a done deal even @ 20%!

Thanks again for all the positive Comments : )

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And I totally already am liking how different & unique BUT tasteful that shade of red is, like a dark cherry wine :)

Tomorrow is the day that I go down there and see if I can get the deal of a lifetime :) It's their last day of the month and it's already discounted $13,000 which is over 20% but I'm shooting for 25! But if the rest of the truck, ride & feel speak to me as much as all the options do it'll be a done deal even @ 20%!

Thanks again for all the positive Comments :)

That’s already a crazy good deal

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
That’s already a crazy good deal

Yeah it is, BUT Its an older unit, been there since RIGHT before x-mas - If he wants to park it in MY garage, he can do better : )

Was reading the specs of YOUR truck... wow : ) Any pics posted in a thread i can see or can you post some ?!

i'd say seat/dash accents are between 1 & 2 but AT FIRST glance it seemed like #6 or even "off the charts" ....Real test will be TODAY with the Panoroof open seeing if it brightens those seat colors up like a stadium seat : ) : )

Last edited:

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Hey Lil M.A.W. !!!

You know I am excited for you....but ummm....well....help me out please!!? This will be 2019RAM number 3 or 4ish????
lmao!!!

I thought we were bad with 3 Dodge products in the driveway, 2019 RAM1500, 2018 Dodge CaravanGT, and 2000 Dodge Ram1500. (BMW is off premises almost out to pasture!!! sigh)

But you all have the whole RAMily line up at home, pretty much covering every 2019 Model!!!
(Well almost, not yet, but there are still 6 months left in 2019!!!!):)

I like both...either way to me looks balanced based on their approach to the goal. The Original Rebel Red speaks I am "The Rebel", while the rebel12 goes more in line with your "blacked out" theme but edges in just enough of the Rebel Red to not let you forget you are inside the Rebel!!!

Keep us posted

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now you’re making me think I got a bad deal lol... mine was 58k sticker and 47k after all the discounts which was like 19%. And you are at 20% already? What’s the MSRP on this truck?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah it is, BUT Its an older unit, been there since RIGHT before x-mas - If he wants to park it in MY garage, he can do better : )

Was reading the specs of YOUR truck... wow : ) Any pics posted in a thread i can see or can you post some ?!

i'd say seat/dash accents are between 1 & 2 but AT FIRST glance it seemed like #6 or even "off the charts" ....Real test will be TODAY with the Panoroof open seeing if it brightens those seat colors up like a stadium seat : ) : )

Hmmm now you have me thinking. That’s a while to be sitting in inventory. I guess they didn’t have much of an allocation and wanted to get the best price they could? The other thing to consider is that we will be coming up on the 2020 model year soon and while I don’t think there will be many changes, the 2019 inventory will automatically have a year of immediate depreciation in value. Not sure what that adds up to exactly but something to factor in to your negotiations.

Believe it or not I don’t have many pics of my truck. I took some when I first bought it and then a pic of a mod here or there. Once I get it all cleaned up I’ll have to take some. Weather here has not been cooperative.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Now you’re making me think I got a bad deal lol... mine was 58k sticker and 47k after all the discounts which was like 19%. And you are at 20% already? What’s the MSRP on this truck?

Is yours a 4x4. cuz that right there is better, the one i was "thinking" of getting was 4x2. It was 57740 discounted to 44000 But those options brought so little resale, 20% when i booked it out, so you spend 12,000 in options and resale on that equals MAYBE if lucky an add'l 2000 when you try to sell it even just a month later.... options residulaize very poorly but a 4 wheel drive retains its value about 95% : ) AT LEAST a 4x4 that costs 3,000 MORE, books out for 3000 more a year or two later!

And i said "thinking" becuz i decided on one that been ordered for me by a local dealer that came in yesterday... Its the exact 2019 Lone Star truck i had but with a bunch more options -Pano Roof/LED Pkge/Blind Spot/RAMBOX/3.92 gear/AlpineNAV etc) But ordering never gets you a great deal, and i knew that going in, he only discounted about 13%, but i can live with that becuz it is every single thing my Black Beauty WAS but on steroids and i'll never have to worry that "the red interior on my Rebel was a bad choice for me" : ) : )

Here's old:

Here's the new one (yes, you gotta be a kook to order the EXACT same truck...GUILTY : )

Hmmm now you have me thinking. That’s a while to be sitting in inventory. I guess they didn’t have much of an allocation and wanted to get the best price they could? The other thing to consider is that we will be coming up on the 2020 model year soon and while I don’t think there will be many changes, the 2019 inventory will automatically have a year of immediate depreciation in value. Not sure what that adds up to exactly but something to factor in to your negotiations.

Believe it or not I don’t have many pics of my truck. I took some when I first bought it and then a pic of a mod here or there. Once I get it all cleaned up I’ll have to take some. Weather here has not been cooperative.

He was able to throw Bonus Bucks (Dealer Cash) towards it becuz he is a high volume dealer, but honestly, wound up the same price overall because even tho he discounted the Rebel almost $13,000, it cost almost 7,000 more than my Lone Star, so it works out : ) AND, i was worried about "lot rot/the red seats/the etorgue/the white when i was so in love with my black truck/the wheels/and rougher ride/diff suspension than my cadillac 4x2 Lone Star ...etc so i decided to go with what I KNOW & Love : )

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
....Believe it or not I don’t have many pics of my truck. I took some when I first bought it and then a pic of a mod here or there. Once I get it all cleaned up I’ll have to take some. Weather here has not been cooperative.

i would love to see it when ya do : ) i WISH i could take less pics of my truck... I can never find anything in my albums cuz i have to weed thru millions of my truck....i snap like 10 pics of day, "her waiting for me to get out of work, her waiting for me at the bank, supermarket, restaurant, her when the sun is shining, when its cloudy, you name it and i have "a pose for her in it"....lol

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Mine is 4x4, do they make 2wd rebels? I didn’t realize they did.

they do, there's a whole thread in this forum on it- First place i went was that thread when i was "thinking about it" : ): ) i can give you the short opinion of WHY, most popular reason it seems ppl love the front grille, the sport hood, the trim pkg, the wheels/tires etc but don't need a 4WD : )

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My last 2004 Ram was charcoal gray and the one before that was a 97 black Ford, both gorgeous trucks. I decided if the Rebel has a bold deep red accent interior, than what better than a bold flame red/ black exterior. I think interior goes really well with the bold outside color. No regrets on interior colors.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: MJB

Cygnus A

Reaction score
The red isnt as harsh in person as it usually appears in photographs. It is more of a crimson than bright red.

MJB

Reaction score
I loved the look of the Rebel exteriors but I had ruled them out because I thought the interior was way too red from the pics that were posted online. I went to the dealer to test drive a Laramie and poked my head inside a Rebel. Loved it. The color is much more subdued in person. Bought the Rebel that day. Love it.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly what happened to me lol. Expect I was getting a longhorn. But liked the exterior of the rebel, decided to just give it a pass....

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Nothing but positive comments. I especially love it when friends get in the back and start making "limo" remarks. It's a hit on all levels...the interior, the 12" display, the ride, the quietness, the stereo, the power, the look...I'm looking out my window at it now....smiling.

NORMANDYMIKE

Reaction score
Just to be honest....I didn't like it when I saw it....wished it was all black (before 12 Rebels) but bought it anyway cause I loved everything else about it & it had Rambox which was most important to me.....been driving it 6 months and still hate the dried blood red!

graphguy

Reaction score
I am 97% to buying a REBEL (am a Toyota guy). But 2 things surprise annoy me about what I am seeing. 1- Most Rebel's have the cheap vinyl seats ( won't last a year) and most are configured with Tow package that does NOT have power folding mirrors... Both seem pretty idiotic. It has taken me 2 months to find a Rebel with no tow package AND has the 12A (leather package).
I did not like the red plastic components on the base of the seats and the whole back of the seat being red. So, went with the Rebel 12 package to get the black leather seats. I think it is a good mix of the black and red. I'm not really sure red is a good word for the color though. It's darker than the pictures online show it. More of a blood or wine color.

Users who are viewing this thread