5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homelink

WT541

Reaction score
New to the forum. Numerous attempts to program homelink in my 2021 RAM 1500. Tried the tips in the forum. None worked. Kept on trying dozens of times. Finally had another idea starting on step 3 which is for a liftmaster 8355 with MyQ. First few steps are well noted
1. Reset homelink by pressing the two outside buttons for about 20 seconds
2. Hold the original liftmaster near the visor select the buttons on each simultaneously holding both until the lights on each blink rapidly.
3. Instead of hitting the learn button on the garage door opener, use the MyQ app instead.
4 Select the three button (max) remote style and in the next screen select “no programming button on the back”. The App will activate the learning mode.
5. Follow the instructions on screen and be sure to hit next for each step. Essentially, Push the button you want to assign once, push another one, then push the initial button again. It is important to go through the steps on the app.
It worked on both sides of the garage!

Attachments

• IMG_8377.png
    IMG_8377.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Jake1050

Reaction score
If I recall correctly my house has two garage door openers. The left garage door opener I was unable to program into homelink borh for the Subaru and Ram but the right garage door I was able to program with no problems.

palumaa

Reaction score
Does anyone here know if Homelink works with BFT gate systems? BFT seems to use some kind of variable code system for opening.

irishwake63

Reaction score
keep in mind that if your truck doesnt fit in the garage if someone gains access to your truck the keys dont need to be in to open you garage door

irishwake63

Reaction score
Not hard at all, but you need a key fob.
no you dont I set mine up and tested it with no key FOB and I reset after that as I didnt want the loss in security to enter my home, I simply left the window down and pressed the button and opened the garage door with the FOB left in house.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
no you dont I set mine up and tested it with no key FOB and I reset after that as I didnt want the loss in security to enter my home, I simply left the window down and pressed the button and opened the garage door with the FOB left in house.

This is my last post on this subject. If the security system is armed (doors locked) the Homelink buttons will not work.

Screenshot_20240722_071918_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

irishwake63

Reaction score
This is my last post on this subject. If the security system is armed (doors locked) the Homelink buttons will not work.

View attachment 186775
I would advise you to test it whether its your last post or not I didnt post it to start an argument maybe mine is not working that way for whatever reason we all know how reliable Ram electrical is

Idahoktm

Reaction score
This subject comes up frequently and the same thing is repeated over and over. Most owners assume incorrectly that the Homelink buttons are always active. I already tested my 2021 Laramie and my 2023 TRX. They both work as outlined in the manual.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This subject comes up frequently and the same thing is repeated over and over. Most owners assume incorrectly that the Homelink buttons are always active. I already tested my 2021 Laramie and my 2023 TRX. They both work as outlined in the manual.
You also have to remember that not all Rams actually have the security system option from the factory. Even locking the doors with the fob doesn't activate it if the truck isn't optioned to have it

Idahoktm

Reaction score
You also have to remember that not all Rams actually have the security system option from the factory. Even locking the doors with the fob doesn't activate it if the truck isn't optioned to have it

That's a good point. I haven't looked at or driven anything but Level 2/B Ram trucks. Do the Level 1 trucks even have Homelink buttons?

irishwake63

Reaction score
ok heres something you dont hear very often I may have been wrong, when I set up the homelink last time I tested as I stated but what I didnt realize is the so called security system doesnt engage right away it actually takes a couple minutes. Just to be curious I went and set it up again and noticed it was still lit up on dash and I retested it again with window open and FOB in house and it worked! So I stand corrected please accept my apology on the matter. It does concern me though if someone has a way to steal a ram truck they have a FOB bypass and with that can access your home thru garage via the homelink if that happens they better hope I am not home somehow or it wont end well for them.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
ok heres something you dont hear very often I may have been wrong, when I set up the homelink last time I tested as I stated but what I didnt realize is the so called security system doesnt engage right away it actually takes a couple minutes. Just to be curious I went and set it up again and noticed it was still lit up on dash and I retested it again with window open and FOB in house and it worked! So I stand corrected please accept my apology on the matter. It does concern me though if someone has a way to steal a ram truck they have a FOB bypass and with that can access your home thru garage via the homelink if that happens they better hope I am not home somehow or it wont end well for them.

Well, that's a concern with any vehicle. I had a 1997 Nissan pickup that was stolen. I was worried that the thieves could drive straight to my house by looking at my registration in the glovebox, then open my garage door with the opener clipped to the visor. I explained that possibility to the cop that was taking my theft report and he drove me home with lights and siren on.

irishwake63

Reaction score
Well, that's a concern with any vehicle. I had a 1997 Nissan pickup that was stolen. I was worried that the thieves could drive straight to my house by looking at my registration in the glovebox, then open my garage door with the opener clipped to the visor. I explained that possibility to the cop that was taking my theft report and he drove me home with lights and siren on.
My issue is my wife keeps her garage door opener in her purse and sometimes it gets bumper the right way and opens the door so I want to program her new Grand Cherokee homelink which made me revisit mine we also have cameras and alarm and a police cruiser sitting out front from my neighbor good deterrents but nothing is foolproof

Users who are viewing this thread