5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homelink

Truckone176

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips or tricks to program the Homelink feature? I've tried the two different ways in the RAM manual and the videos online. I do have an opener with the rolling codes.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spoonful.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Find instructions online for your brand/model opener + Homelink. The instructions from Ram may not necessarily work for your brand. Mine was pretty easy, but I don't remember the steps off the top of my head (Genie).

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ran into issues programming mine too. I have the LiftMaster 8500 garage door openers. The first step was to program my truck by holding the button down on the visor and then push and hold the clicker button on the garage door clicker. Once the Homelink lights flash slow, then fast, your truck is programmed. Now go and push the learn button on your garage door opener. It might be on the motor or on the button panel on your wall. Push the learn button, then within 30 seconds push the desired button in your truck. You'll know if it worked because your garage door will open/close as soon as you push the button.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t have any remotes when I bought my house. I just followed what was in the owner’s manual and it still worked with chamberland and genie units.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran into issues programming mine too. I have the LiftMaster 8500 garage door openers. The first step was to program my truck by holding the button down on the visor and then push and hold the clicker button on the garage door clicker. Once the Homelink lights flash slow, then fast, your truck is programmed. Now go and push the learn button on your garage door opener. It might be on the motor or on the button panel on your wall. Push the learn button, then within 30 seconds push the desired button in your truck. You'll know if it worked because your garage door will open/close as soon as you push the button.
Mine worked following this method as well. I have all three working for different doors.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had an issue at my old house that required I buy new remotes for the garage door opener. The firmware on the original remotes wasn't compatible with the home link. Had to get newer remotes with a different firmware.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least yalls truck came with the Homelink.
My didn't...

Frosty Ride

Reaction score
That is strange? Another chip shortage casualty? I have a 2021 Big Horn and it has it as well.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly.
I may see if I can get the dealer to order me one, but I hardly ever get time to go.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s odd if it doesn’t. I’ll have to check my buddies new limited now lol

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Probably a byproduct from the chip shortage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online