5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hola! New Rebel owner

jamesfg

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals.....Just picked up our Rebel today from the dealer. Traded in our 17 2500 Cummings for the 1500. Salivating and waiting for aftermarket support to come out for the new body style.

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 36
  • our truck.jpg
    our truck.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 39
  • truck4.jpg
    truck4.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 34
Welcome! The Rebel is a great looking truck.

Yeah we were gonna go Longhorn sport but after my EP pricing, it wasn't that much more to get the Rebel. Thank goodness it showed up on my buddies lot on Friday as we had the Longhorn already reserved.

Mike it truthfully sucked. I bought the 2500 brand new as a surprise for the wife to replace her Tundra. 3 recalls, 2 dead batteries, leaking transmission, seized power steering pump all before it hit 16k. The icing on the cake was the transmission blowing the 5th gear out last week. It was time to cut bait and move on.

Mike it truthfully sucked. I bought the 2500 brand new as a surprise for the wife to replace her Tundra. 3 recalls, 2 dead batteries, leaking transmission, seized power steering pump all before it hit 16k. The icing on the cake was the transmission blowing the 5th gear out last week. It was time to cut bait and move on.

Truck looks great! There are many folks here who have some concerns on the new model year so hopefully yours is trouble free.

luckily for me , i haven't had that problem. yet(knock on wood). keep us updated on the new ride!!

Stay away from anything with a 68RFE, I was going to go 2500 Power Wagon with a 392 until I found out it had the same weak transmission in it.

Stay away from anything with a 68RFE, I was going to go 2500 Power Wagon with a 392 until I found out it had the same weak transmission in it.
Yeah a lot of horror stories with the 66 and the 68RFE. Transmission tuning seems to help things but it's a ticking bomb when you add power.

Thank goodness they're going with ZF next time around.

Also, the Rebel looks really good with two-tone white. Congrats!

Welcome, really love the Rebel. Sorry to hear about your issues with the HD, but glad to see you picked another Ram. Hope it treats you well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back