5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi! New member with a question

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum, but not to Ram! This is my 3rd one. (See sig). This is rather lengthy but wanted to post. I’ve had a 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and now a 5th gen. Love my truck. Only issue I’ve had was the rear doors were a bit misaligned. Out at the bottom some. Strike plate was adjusted and they are much better however not perfect as the passenger rear is in just a hair too much in places. Unfortunately body shop says they are as good as they can be without doing a lot of hinge adjustments.

ive ordered these Winunite door edge guards so I don’t see the slight gap of the door in my mirror. My question is to anyone that has used these do the guards just slide in behind the existing factory seal on the rear doors? I would assume so but thought I’d ask here and plan ahead. Glad to be a member. Thanks in advance

Winunite Car Door Edge Guards 32-4/5Ft(10M) Universal Fit Rubber U Shape Edge Trim Car Door Edge Protection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FTFKB4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TD3YKTNVDZD76WHA2CZ4

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome.. second door issue ive noticed today, hopefully ramcares chimes in!

SeaHogs

Reaction score
Welcome.. second door issue ive noticed today, hopefully ramcares chimes in!
Thanks! Luckily it’s only cosmetic. After body shop made adjustments it’s just under flush a few mm in one area. No water leak or wind noise. Searched the forum and looks like I’m not the only one with door alignment issues. Never noticed it when I bought the truck until washing it. They’re not perfect but close

RamCares

Reaction score
Thanks! Luckily it’s only cosmetic. After body shop made adjustments it’s just under flush a few mm in one area. No water leak or wind noise. Searched the forum and looks like I’m not the only one with door alignment issues. Never noticed it when I bought the truck until washing it. They’re not perfect but close

Thank you for the mention @CMil527!

Sorry that you're experiencing vehicle concerns @SeaHogs. We would love to help alongside the opinion of your Ram dealership. Feel free to private message our team with your vehicle's make and model year to get started! Let's work toward finding a solution. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hannah
Ram Cares

SeaHogs

Reaction score

Sorry that you're experiencing vehicle concerns @SeaHogs. We would love to help alongside the opinion of your Ram dealership. Feel free to private message our team with your vehicle's make and model year to get started! Let's work toward finding a solution. We look forward to hearing from you.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Hannah
Ram Cares
Thanks @RamCares, but I feel like it will be as good as it can get without hinge work which I do not want my hinges messed with. Thank you for reaching out though.

RamCares

Reaction score
Thanks @RamCares, but I feel like it will be as good as it can get without hinge work which I do not want my hinges messed with. Thank you for reaching out though.

Alright! We completely understand. Do feel free to message our team in the future should any other vehicle concerns arise.

Hannah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread