5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

Stiklr

Reaction score
I haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone kept the stock muffler and eliminated the resonators by the tips?
Do the resonators do much in terms of muffling the exhaust note?
I'm after max volume with minimum drone. I need help deciding on the best combo.
I have a Hellcat Charger as well and if I can replicate that exhaust sound it would be perfect. Loud with zero drone.
1) B2 Round Muffler - Stock Res
2) B2 Straight pipe - Stock Res
3) B2 Oval Muffler - Stock Res
4) Stock Muffler - B2 straightpiped Resonator delete
5) B2 Round or Oval - B2 straightpiped Resonator delete
6) B2 Straight pipe - B2 Straight pipe will be Droney right?

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
I haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone kept the stock muffler and eliminated the resonators by the tips?
Do the resonators do much in terms of muffling the exhaust note?
I'm after max volume with minimum drone. I need help deciding on the best combo.
I have a Hellcat Charger as well and if I can replicate that exhaust sound it would be perfect. Loud with zero drone.
1) B2 Round Muffler - Stock Res
2) B2 Straight pipe - Stock Res
3) B2 Oval Muffler - Stock Res
4) Stock Muffler - B2 straightpiped Resonator delete
5) B2 Round or Oval - B2 straightpiped Resonator delete
6) B2 Straight pipe - B2 Straight pipe will be Droney right?
B2 oval and resonator delete will produce a drone until roughly sixth gear depending on how you’re driving. Sixth gear on up you can’t hear it.

JbVt

Reaction score
Attempted to install the resonator delete kit last night. Got passenger side half done, I could not get the joint to tighten up. I dont know if I have the wrong size clamp(heard this has been a problem) or if my impact driver isnt up to the task. I then used a 1/2" ratchet and tightened it as much as I felt I could without snapping the bolt. Pipe is still very loose. Also didn't feel great about the instructions for making the cut. 1" past the bend is a little vague. Is it where the bend starts? I cut the passenger side already and I got the new pipe on as much as possible and the tip is stuck out a little farther than the factory side, which looks good to me. Just have to try to match the driver side now and figure out how to tighten them. Was the fit of the pipes extremely tight for everyone else?

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
Attempted to install the resonator delete kit last night. Got passenger side half done, I could not get the joint to tighten up. I dont know if I have the wrong size clamp(heard this has been a problem) or if my impact driver isnt up to the task. I then used a 1/2" ratchet and tightened it as much as I felt I could without snapping the bolt. Pipe is still very loose. Also didn't feel great about the instructions for making the cut. 1" past the bend is a little vague. Is it where the bend starts? I cut the passenger side already and I got the new pipe on as much as possible and the tip is stuck out a little farther than the factory side, which looks good to me. Just have to try to match the driver side now and figure out how to tighten them. Was the fit of the pipes extremely tight for everyone else?
I didn’t have any issues tightening the clamps. I used a racket and cranked them down just about all the way. I agree the instructions are a bit vague and I did have some trouble with the driver side cut. The B2 pipe uses a slip joint so if you’re not confident I would cut closer to the bend. I followed the instructions and cut 1 inch past the end of the bend. If I was to do it again I would cut closer to the bend. I barely had enough pipe to work with to make it all fit correctly. In the end the tips lined up perfectly and I am 100% satisfied with the result.

JbVt

Reaction score
I didn’t have any issues tightening the clamps. I used a racket and cranked them down just about all the way. I agree the instructions are a bit vague and I did have some trouble with the driver side cut. The B2 pipe uses a slip joint so if you’re not confident I would cut closer to the bend. I followed the instructions and cut 1 inch past the end of the bend. If I was to do it again I would cut closer to the bend. I barely had enough pipe to work with to make it all fit correctly. In the end the tips lined up perfectly and I am 100% satisfied with the result.
Damn, I wonder if I got a set of the 2.5” clamps instead of 2.25” clamps. I read a bunch of posts about that. I was using a good size 1/2” ratchet and the clamp won’t get tight enough. I can still move the pipe quite a bit. Thinking of having them welded.

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
Damn, I wonder if I got a set of the 2.5” clamps instead of 2.25” clamps. I read a bunch of posts about that. I was using a good size 1/2” ratchet and the clamp won’t get tight enough. I can still move the pipe quite a bit. Thinking of having them welded.
Contact B2. They should provide the correct clamps. Their customer service is excellent

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
The resonator delete kit, similar to the muffler replacements, comes with a straight hanger. The end is not like the stock hangers so there isn’t anything stopping the hanger from sliding off the rubber support. The hangers on B2s products account for this by making their hangers longer. I noticed one of my tips slides around and I kept having to reposition the resonator delete hanger on the support. Not sure if everyone has this issue or if it’s just my driving but I have found a fix. Home Depot sells flexible rubber tubing for sprinklers. The tubing fits very snug on B2s hanger and will prevent the hanger from sliding around on the rubber support.

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
B2 oval and resonator delete will produce a drone until roughly sixth gear depending on how you’re driving. Sixth gear on up you can’t hear it.
Update: The above post was made with the ANC still active.
After disabling the ANC there is a constant cabin drone. After acceleration it is much lower but the drone is still present. Still sounds great though.

pinzg35

Reaction score
Update: The above post was made with the ANC still active.
After disabling the ANC there is a constant cabin drone. After acceleration it is much lower but the drone is still present. Still sounds great though.
Did you get much 'drone' before deleting the resonators and just having the muffler?

pinzg35

Reaction score
I installed everything at once so I never drove my truck with the b2 muffler and stock resonators.
Any reason you disabled ANC? Assume the drone is less if it’s active? Didn’t know you could disable it.

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
Any reason you disabled ANC? Assume the drone is less if it’s active? Didn’t know you could disable it.
The ANC pipes in a significant amount of noise. This becomes very evident after you bypass it. I like having the ANC off and I am installing new speakers and a subwoofer.

pinzg35

Reaction score
The ANC pipes in a significant amount of noise. This becomes very evident after you bypass it. I like having the ANC off and I am installing new speakers and a subwoofer.
Ah, that makes sense since you are installing new speakers. Thanks for the input! About the install just the B2 muffler so hoping the sound change is enough for me but just might have to order the resonator deletes too!

JbVt

Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense since you are installing new speakers. Thanks for the input! About the install just the B2 muffler so hoping the sound change is enough for me but just might have to order the resonator deletes too!
I just did the same thing, installed b2 oval. Was fearing that it wouldn’t be enough on it own….I made it about a week before I ordered the reso delete kit. Instantly happier when I started it after the reso delete install.

pinzg35

Reaction score
I just did the same thing, installed b2 oval. Was fearing that it wouldn’t be enough on it own….I made it about a week before I ordered the reso delete kit. Instantly happier when I started it after the reso delete install.
Stop trying to get me to spend more money! :p I'm hoping just adding the muffler will get me what I want but you're right, I might be looking into the resonator deletes as well. Did you like just adding the muffler? Assume their is still a difference from stock but maybe just not enough 'roar'?

JbVt

Reaction score
Stop trying to get me to spend more money! :p I'm hoping just adding the muffler will get me what I want but you're right, I might be looking into the resonator deletes as well. Did you like just adding the muffler? Assume their is still a difference from stock but maybe just not enough 'roar'?
Haha, muffler alone was certainly better than stock. Just didn’t quite do it for me.

pinzg35

Reaction score
Haha, muffler alone was certainly better than stock. Just didn’t quite do it for me.
I know some mention it does while others don't, but any noticeable drone when you just had the muffler on?

JbVt

Reaction score
I know some mention it does while others don't, but any noticeable drone when you just had the muffler on?
I didn’t get any constant drone, I will say I definitely noticed when ECO mode kicked on and off. You can “hear” the change in tone but I wouldn’t say it droned.

pinzg35

Reaction score
I didn’t get any constant drone, I will say I definitely noticed when ECO mode kicked on and off. You can “hear” the change in tone but I wouldn’t say it droned.
When the MDS kicked on, was the tone change like a helicopter? Just don’t want to get any of that sound with doing the swap. Do you still get it with the resonator delete?

Users who are viewing this thread