5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is the 2019 Ram 1500 "Express"

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Since the all new 2019 Ram 1500s introduction
I have been hearing a lot about there being no 2019 Ram 1500 Express model. While 5thGenRams has been saying all along that there will be an Express equivalent at the very least we now have photographic proof. Thanks to our friends at Real Fast Fotography we now have the first pictures of the 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman with monochrome package.

2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman with monochrome package "Express" Photo credit: Real Fast Fotography

Current model Ram 1500's with the Express package are listed as a separate model on the consumer level, but if you dig deeper down it is a Tradesman with an option code added. Comparing this 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman to a 2018 Ram 1500 Express both offered for sale at Iverson CJDR reveals what I am talking about when you get to the build sheet. The build sheets on both trucks lists them as ST (Tradesman) models with the express having an option that creates an Express. Other models such as Sport, Laramie etc are all listed as such on their respective build sheets.

Build sheet showing current express based off Tradesman Trim level

To create a 2019 Ram 1500 "Express" one would order a Tradesman trim and add the option for the Monochrome package, this also forces the Tradesman Level 1 equipment group as shown in the image below.

How to order a 2019 Ram Express

As you can see this will get you a truck equivalent to the current Express model. It is also entirely possible that this will still be called an Express at the consumer level. Ram Express fans can rest assured that there will still be an entry level truck with the Sport look going forward.

2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman with monochrome package "Express" Photo credit: Real Fast Fotography

This Delmonico Red Crew Cab is immediately identifiable as a Tradesman with Monochrome package as opposed to a Big Horn Monochrome or "Sport" due to the Honeycomb grille inserts. A black package will also be available to keep fans of the "Black Express" model happy.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
while messing with build and ***** I tride to build an offroad package tradesman. Worked fine til I tried to add the sport package. It kicked out the off road package. So I built a Tradesman with sport and also black...but can't get off road. I love the body color grille, not a fan of chrome, but I would have the have offroad package. So for now I am out, but then I wasn't really in cause if I was it would be a Rebel. Can not wait for more HD info.

Great find though @redriderbob , by far my favorite color and package...just got to fund out about that off road deal.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they are still working on the build and price, options and combinations seem to keep coming and going. I personally don't believe the Sport package and Off Road package are mutually exclusive but we will have to wait a bit and see. I know I have managed to build Big Horn and Laramie Sports with the Off Road package previously.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that is what I figured and hoped. I have just been messing around with it and noticed those things. Just knowing that if I was in the market for one, I would be waiting and be right back in the market for the 2500 with my wait. Only 13 more days for pricing. Seems like forever lol. Still got a month and 11 days til my favorite camping spot opens. Foreverse and a year it seems.

Thanks for the updates.

D

Deleted member 85

Really hoping they offer better wheels on the Express. Current gen express has excellent 20" chrome wheels.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to be negative but I dont like it. My 2016 tradesman looks better then that and but I believe it came with the chrome package

Users who are viewing this thread