5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi lack of power

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only Mufflers that will change sound over time or “break in” are ones with packing.

Chambered and baffled mufflers will always sound the same, unless something internally fails/breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 137535
This is what started this discussion on the other thread. All I did was turn the traction control off with a quick button press. Didn’t hold in or delay in any way. Basically hit the gas and released the brake about the same time in 2 WD and DID NOT enable the Electronic Locking Differential on my dash or even limit anything in the gear selection.

Being a Back Country I wasn’t able to order the Anti-Spin Rear Differential like I normally could because the Electronic Locking Differential came included in the package. I assumed I would have an open differential so was quite surprised that both tires lit up evenly for so long I’m guessing it was about 150 feet. Motor was wide open going thru the gears. Obviously no power reduction as wheels were free spinning like crazy.

I find this BLD info interesting. Never knew about it and good to know I’m not driving around with a lame and worthless open differential. Hopefully it acts the same in the snow.
I pulled this quote out of the 4wd off road thread, hope you guys don't mind. Click to view pic. See sig line, I couldn't spin AT ALL without holding the brake to spin up the motor higher in the converter stall. Max burnout with esc partial off 2wd would be about 10 feet. I am definitely not seeing the power you guys are. BUT, during towing, it is adequate. :unsure:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not power braking or loading the tc. Just flooring it in 2wd with tc off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread