5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! - Limited DRL LED Accent Light Not Working Only On Drive Side

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any part numbers for the board? Or are the ones on the 1st or 2nd page it?
It think the boards are after market from oracle

2020RamOwner

Reaction score
It think the boards are after market from oracle

I appreciate it! I wonder if anyone has tried this and its fixed the issue.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate it! I wonder if anyone has tried this and its fixed the issue.
I’m sure it’s been done. It removes and replaces the oem circuit boards that control the accent lighting

I personally haven’t seen anyone in here that has done it though

juliussanorjo

Reaction score
Add another one to the list. I have 19 limited. Im calling the dealership to schedule a check soon. For those who got them covered under warranty, how long do they usually need to hold the car for replacement?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add another one to the list. I have 19 limited. Im calling the dealership to schedule a check soon. For those who got them covered under warranty, how long do they usually need to hold the car for replacement?
Why would they need to hold it? Just bring it back to get swapped out after the part arrives.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would they need to hold it? Just bring it back to get swapped out after the part arrives.
Agreed, I wouldn’t let them hold my truck for a headlight replacement.

My question is what key words or how did the service department write up the claim to get it approved???? My truck is at the dealership (5 days in) for a water pump. Might as well throw that question out there and see if the dealership can get it replaced under warranty.

2020RamOwner

Reaction score
heck yea! if you do take pics and update us please! good luck
So I watched the video and it turns out I will not be attempting this. I don't care to disassemble the whole headlight and glue it back together. Ill likely have to just buy the new assembly which I am ok with as I plan on keeping this truck for a while. Love everything about it.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had my 2024 for just over a week and the 2 items (I read the fine print) that the extended warranty doesn't cover are the Headlights and the Hybrid Battery pack. I still thought the extended warranty to 6 years and 100K was worth it even without those two items.
I am definitely happier with my 2024 than my 2019 and I can tell that they refined the 5th gen for sure over time.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had my 2024 for just over a week and the 2 items (I read the fine print) that the extended warranty doesn't cover are the Headlights and the Hybrid Battery pack. I still thought the extended warranty to 6 years and 100K was worth it even without those two items.
I am definitely happier with my 2024 than my 2019 and I can tell that they refined the 5th gen for sure over time.
I think the hybrid battery has it's own warranty.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score

2020RamOwner

Reaction score
I have determined that if I start my truck from inside the vehicle by physically pressing the button, I dont have any issue with my accent lights coming on. Typically, I will remote start while im walking to my vehicle and thats when I notice the bottom accent light on my driver side not turning on. Seems buggy but a cheap fix, for now..

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have determined that if I start my truck from inside the vehicle by physically pressing the button, I dont have any issue with my accent lights coming on. Typically, I will remote start while im walking to my vehicle and thats when I notice the bottom accent light on my driver side not turning on. Seems buggy but a cheap fix, for now..
Sounds like you have the gremlin my 2019 does. Remote start when it’s below 25 degrees and all of the cameras have pixilation patches but it only does it with remote start.

Attachments

• IMG_0871_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0871_Original.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 17

2020RamOwner

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the gremlin my 2019 does. Remote start when it’s below 25 degrees and all of the cameras have pixilation patches but it only does it with remote start.
I've gone back and forth and just think its on its way out. It will come on when it wants to. I check every morning on my way to work as I can see the reflection in a glass window coming out of my garage. Ill go run errands and will work when first started before leaving then ill park it and start it up after stopping somewhere and it wont be on. Just a headache at this point knowing I have to spend over $800 to replace it.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've gone back and forth and just think its on its way out. It will come on when it wants to. I check every morning on my way to work as I can see the reflection in a glass window coming out of my garage. Ill go run errands and will work when first started before leaving then ill park it and start it up after stopping somewhere and it wont be on. Just a headache at this point knowing I have to spend over $800 to replace it.
Agreed! It looks silly as hell one working especially on a limited you expect better!

55Trucker

Reaction score
Quick update on my driver side DRL being out.

Somewhere earlier in this thread someone posted that part #6002TZ0303 was the driver LED ballast. So I set up a search on ebay for when a used one shows up. About a month ago I got a hit and bought a used one for $45. The seller guaranteed me it came off a working headlight. So I pulled the headlight assembly and swapped modules. It's a bit of a challenge, given how short the cable is inside the assembly. I got the module on, connected the assembly back up to the truck (I did not re-install the assembly, have been around the block in my life). I turned on the headlight, and the DRL was still off! This means that either I was sold a bad one, or it wasn't this module (this one was the smaller of the two on the assembly), or something else went bad inside the assembly.

I called the dealer. Yup, $1325+sales tax for a new OEM assembly. I thought about it for a couple of weeks, but then I saw a black Friday sale on a non-OEM replacement for only $335 on Amazon! The brand was Dashbecan (there is another branded Fione for about the same money). Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Dasbecan-Headlight-Compatible-2019-2022-68316085AD/dp/B0CDPN516P/?th=1

So I ordered it Monday, it came Wednesday, and I installed it today. Literally every thing about this knock-off is identical to the original. The part numbers stamped on the plastic components, the weight, the fit, the headlight brightness, the LED brightness, every small detail - everything is the same as the original - except is doesn't say RAM on the chrome outer headlight trim. (I have not yet verified the 15 degree movement of the headights when cornering, but I will. ) The inner headlight chrome has the same stenciling as the original regarding the 15 degree pivot.

I don't why a company would take on the cost of reverse engineering something like this to produce their own. There can't be enough demand to justify the trouble and expense. I bet that the Chinese manufacturer that FCA has making these is allowed to sell a non-branded version.

I'm happy I took the chance. For the cost of one OEM assembly I could buy 4 of these. I'll post my long term experience later.

Users who are viewing this thread