5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! - Limited DRL LED Accent Light Not Working Only On Drive Side

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I don't get this. My driver side lights started acting up before 3/36 expired. Top LED tube was off, marker light wouldn't light, fog light was out. They replaced the entire headlight assembly and foglight UNDER WARRANTY. Turns out it didn't fix the problem. It was found to be the body module, so an electronics problem. They replaced that and the problem was fixed. They left the brand new lights in place. So not understanding why you guys are experiencing warranty issues on LED lights. Or am I missing something?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't get this. My driver side lights started acting up before 3/36 expired. Top LED tube was off, marker light wouldn't light, fog light was out. They replaced the entire headlight assembly and foglight UNDER WARRANTY. Turns out it didn't fix the problem. It was found to be the body module, so an electronics problem. They replaced that and the problem was fixed. They left the brand new lights in place. So not understanding why you guys are experiencing warranty issues on LED lights. Or am I missing something?
OEM is a bumper to bumper warranty. Extended warranty is not. There are exclusions, one of which is bulbs.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OEM is not a bumper to warranty.
OK, we don't need to go down that path again. We all know they don't cover wear items. Just stating the extended warranty excludes things covered by the new car warranty.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
OK, we don't need to go down that path again. We all know they don't cover wear items. Just stating the extended warranty excludes things covered by the new car warranty.
I believe there is a maxcare that covers everything the oem one does. I forget the exact name, it's kind of pricey compare to thr typical ones.
The warranties always have loopholes and the are known to deny covered repairs sometimes unfortunately.

RookieB555

Reaction score

Does anyone know the process to troubleshoot / test the body control module for this issue? I have a headlight LED out, gonna look for the wiring, could be an easy fix. But I don’t want to buy a new headlight if it’s another module.

anmut

Reaction score
I wanted to follow-up on this. I worked with Ram Cares for about two months (politely but firmly) and they were able to work with my dealer to install a whole new headline assembly at no cost and at 50k miles on my 2019. I would give that a shot.

RookieB555

Reaction score
I wanted to follow-up on this. I worked with Ram Cares for about two months (politely but firmly) and they were able to work with my dealer to install a whole new headline assembly at no cost and at 50k miles on my 2019. I would give that a shot.

Great to know! Guess it doesn’t hurt to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread