5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Larger Tires sizes that fit on Stock Setups 285/60or65/R20's. without Rubbing?? Would love some advice and info

Louhound88

Reaction score
Your going to need to get a wheel Spacers or different rims at some point even with that little space between the uca and tire, take a sharp turn at 50 mph and see what happens. (ASK ME HOW I KNOW) I had to get a .25 Spacer for stock rims and it still will rub at excessive speed on tire at sharp turns. Yes I could slow down, but what's the fun in that. Drive fast, live short:p
Hm interesting because since i've had my truck it's always felt strange taking hard corners or turns at speed. Almost feels like the wheel leans a bit. Have the same amount of gap now as I did stock basically. Did something bad happen or did you just feel it and notice sidewall grooves or chunks missing?

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Hm interesting because since i've had my truck it's always felt strange taking hard corners or turns at speed. Almost feels like the wheel leans a bit. Have the same amount of gap now as I did stock basically. Did something bad happen or did you just feel it and notice sidewall grooves or chunks missing?
I could actually feel it kind of drag down the truck and my Traction control system light came on also. I have about a finger and a half gap now and on my way speeding to work last night it went on in the corner it always went on going to work (I'm almost late every day, lol) when driving above speedlimit. It's actually the only corner that it happens on that I notice it more than others. I was looking at getting .5 spacers to push rim out farther but uncomfortable with that amout of lug gap.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
Also if you take you tire off you can see the rub mark from your tire on the uca.

joshsouth12

Reaction score

lelshaddai

Reaction score
I have 285/65/20 KO2"s on stock rims on a 2021 4x4. I have 2" level on front. Very slight rub on driver side full turn in reverse. Heated up the inner fenders with heat gun and pushed them out. Almost no rub now.

cervelo15

Reaction score
This is it...I can stop looking now - have the same wheels on mine (2020 white night edition 4WD) and want to level and due for new tires, but don't want to break the $$$ for rims just yet. This is exactly what I want mine to look like (except color of course) Great looking truck!
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread