5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! Garage Door Injury

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I ALWAYS use camera, and get out of truck a couple of times, and always check before closing any door on garage.

Mr.G

Reaction score
Backed in my 2014 with 400 miles and closed the door, no problem. Opened the hood to marvel at the engine. UPS shows up with a package so I open the door get the package then lower it again. After I'm done with the engine and close the hood, Bingo, a 14" scratch down the middle of the hood from the door opener arm. Just stood there for a minuite then went inside for one of many beers.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
One thing I started doing years ago was raising the safety sensors of the garage door to bumper height instead of the 7” or so that they typically are. Now it’s impossible to accidentally shut the garage door on our vehicles. Yes, I know, pets and small children are at risk now...
That's actually a brilliant idea. If I line up the safety sensors with the longest part of my truck then the garage door will not close if my truck is not in far enough. You are a genius! :)

Rambunktious

Reaction score
My wife had trouble getting the position of her Toyota right so I put a treated 2X4 against her front wheels in position and tap conned it to the floor. It's worked for 12 years. She missed the tennis ball a couple times prior to the 2X4.
I purchased three of the channel guides that are used to protect cables when they have to cross a road. They are easy to drive over and once the front wheels are past the stops, there is no worry about the car rolling back past the bump. The driveway is at an angle so the car rolling backwards out of the garage is an actual concern.

Users who are viewing this thread