5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP..AlfaOBD won't "Upload to Google Drive" ALL data, only the one Configuration Change that I made!

Ready Go

Reaction score
I'm using an Autel 12-8 Gateway Bypass Cable and OBDLink MX+ on a 2024 Ram 1500 DT.

I did a Backup to AlfaOBD, an Upload to Google Drive, and a Configuration Change to change the Foglight Dropout to "NO" and everything seemed fine that I could tell.

The Foglight Dropout worked and the Fogs stay on with the Highbeams.

But when I went to check Google Drive to look at all the data (I am looking for info that might allow me to adjust the Exterior Lights "Battery Saver" timer from OEM setting of 8 minutes to 2 minutes), then only data that shows is for the Foglight Dropout Enable Configuration Change that I made! I've repeated this and it's the same every time!

The App worked to do what I wanted so far, but I feel uncomfortable trying anything more complicated without a Google Drive upload to look at and back it up.

Anybody know if I'm doing something wrong..or if it's because my 2024 DT 1500 isn't fully supported yet??

Before I purchased everything, I emailed AlfaOBD info support to ask if the 2024 DT 1500 was supported and they said "not fully supported, but most things should work through the closest year model ("BC DT MY2022+ PowerNet", in my case).
I have sent them a follow-up email asking for help on this issue, but thought I'd ask here also.

@Jimmy07 any thoughts?

THANKS to ALL!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you perform the “read system ID” in the body computer? You have to do that first in order for a body_chrysler_info configuration log to be created.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Did you perform the “read system ID” in the body computer? You have to do that first in order for a body_chrysler_info configuration log to be created.
I did not do that🤔
How do I get to that?

"RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT)"..
"BODY COMPUTER"..
"Body Computer DT MY2022+PowerNet "..
"Connect"..

Then what? Or is it somewhere else?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"RAM 1500 (DS/DX/DT)"..
"BODY COMPUTER"..
"Body Computer DT MY2022+PowerNet "..
"Connect"..

Then what?
Then click the battery icon in the lower right. That’s where you’ll find read system ID. Do that, and let the list fully populate for a minute.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Then click the battery icon in the lower right. That’s where you’ll find read system ID. Do that, and let the list fully populate for a minute.
FOUND IT, DID IT, IT WORKED!!
I owe a debt of gratitude to you!!
If you're ever in SE Wisconsin (Eagle/Mukwonago), lunch and beers are on me!!

Ready Go

Reaction score
Hey, just curious what you think(?)

Not sure if you'll remember..I asked if anyone knew how the change the Exterior Lights "Battery Saver" Timer that RAM has programmed at 8 minutes to auto-shut-off the Exterior Lights if the truck is turned off with the Headlight Switch set to ON (not AUTO). I want to change them to 2 minutes.

I found this in the Google Drive datalog.."Brake Switch lamp timer: 8.000 min"

I couldn't find a similar one for Headlights, Running Lights, etc, so I doubt that this would control what I'm looking to do, but do you have any thoughts on this??

Attachments

• 20231208_112611.jpg
    20231208_112611.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 11

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, just curious what you think(?)

Not sure if you'll remember..I asked if anyone knew how the change the Exterior Lights "Battery Saver" Timer that RAM has programmed at 8 minutes to auto-shut-off the Exterior Lights if the truck is turned off with the Headlight Switch set to ON (not AUTO). I want to change them to 2 minutes.

I found this in the Google Drive datalog.."Brake Switch lamp timer: 8.000 min"

I couldn't find a similar one for Headlights, Running Lights, etc, so I doubt that this would control what I'm looking to do, but do you have any thoughts on this??
What year was the challenger that had the headlights behave like you want?
I can restore one of my bench bcm’s to a VIN of that year so I can compare it with a Ram.

Ready Go

Reaction score
What year was the challenger that had the headlights behave like you want?
I can restore one of my bench bcm’s to a VIN of that year so I can compare it with a Ram.
2015 ChallengerSRT392 2C3CDZDJ3FH798706
Thanks..now I'll owe you a party!!👍

Users who are viewing this thread