5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellooooo RAM world!

tommymac

Reaction score
Just bought a 21' 1500 Laramie in that purrttyyyy granite crystal color, night edition. I had a new big horn for work and loved it so had to get one.

This has the 5.7 with 50,000 miles on it. Probably should've came here BEFORE I bought one but here we are. I'm hoping for some advice on some must know stuff, I am not good with forums I always give up after a few days of navigating, but someone always knows an easy path to all my questions and concerns.

What are some of the first things I should look for and address? Any common major issues?
What oil does everyone in the northeast suggest running?
K&N intake already installed so I think if nobody sends me in a different direction I'd probably go with an exhaust as my first aftermarket purchase any suggestions on best performance while keeping the noise down?
This engine got the MDS, (I'm sure all 5.7's do) what's everyone doing to disable? I see selecting the gear every time is an option what else ya got?
This truck comes with the black 22x9" 10 spoke rims with some street tires, looks ok but I got to get my bass boat up the slimy ramps around here. I like the look of a decent amount of sidewall, I ran wrangler duratrac and falken wildpeak on my last truck and would suggest them for looks and performance in all 4 seasons maybe ill put those on the stock rims. Doesn't mean im not open to suggestions. Is anyone running 33-35's with a level kit and the stock 22" rims? I'd do that quick if it looked good. If not I'd probably hold off on blowing all this money and eventually go with a 3.5" lift and do 20" rims and 35" tires all at once.

Hope my first impression isn't coming off as annoying. Thanks for all help in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back