5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from PA...from F150 Platinum to 1500 Limited!

grimloktt

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new Dodge Ram 1500 owner. I have never owned or even really been fond of Mopar/Dodges but the current assortment of trucks encouraged me to go w/ the Ram. I traded in a 2015 Ford Platinum. I've only had it for a day but so far have absolutely ZERO regrets. I'm very happy with many changes so far--especially the ride. If you have any questions about my switch, feel free to ask! I look forward to learning a lot here!!!

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new Dodge Ram 1500 owner. I have never owned or even really been fond of Mopar/Dodges but the current assortment of trucks encouraged me to go w/ the Ram. I traded in a 2015 Ford Platinum. I've only had it for a day but so far have absolutely ZERO regrets. I'm very happy with many changes so far--especially the ride. If you have any questions about my switch, feel free to ask! I look forward to learning a lot here!!!

Very cool, congratulations on the switch. I got a couple questions, what engine did the F150 have, 3.5 Ecoboost? What trim level did you get with your ram, and can you share pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grimloktt

Reaction score
Very cool, congratulations on the switch. I got a couple questions, what engine did the F150 have, 3.5 Ecoboost? What trim level did you get with your ram, and can you share pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. I had the V8 in my F150 and purchased the Ram w/ the V8 as well. I went w/ the limited in the Ram. There were a lot of different "groups" for the Ram and takes some time to figure out the differences/options.

Here are two pics of the F150. I don't yet have pics of the Ram: F150 Picks

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. I am from Central Pennsylvania myself.

Good to hear you gave Mopar a try. Hope you continue to enjoy your new RAM.

Thanks for joining us

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and congrats!

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you! What am I supposed to put for "ELIGIBLE THROUGH (Name of Insurance Company, Employer, or Other Eligible Group?"

Go take a quick look at that thread. If you have Allstate or aaa they are sponsors. There are many other sponsors but there isn’t a master list so we don’t know all the different companies, employers, etc. Someone stated that if you fill out the physical form/pdf, they don’t ask you for sponsor.

Users who are viewing this thread