5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hear a loud bang

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are only 2. With or without defog. Part 1 is the sliding middle glass only. Part 2 is the assembly. Part 3 is wiring. This may or not be an up to date list either, but the AE at the end, is the part of the number that changed.

View 68426398AE Full-Sized Product Image for your 2019 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD Big Horn Crew Cab

GLASS. Backlite. Sliding.

[Rear Power Sliding Window], [Rear Window Defroster].
Rear Power Sliding Window+Rear Window Defroster-Clear Tinted Glass All Windows. [Rear Power Sliding Window], [Rear Window Defroster].

(Current price) $ 689.31

(Original price) $ 1,035.00
MSRP

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are only 2. With or without defog. Part 1 is the sliding middle glass only. Part 2 is the assembly. Part 3 is wiring. This may or not be an up to date list either, but the AE at the end, is the part of the number that changed.

View 68426398AE Full-Sized Product Image for your 2019 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD Big Horn Crew Cab

GLASS. Backlite. Sliding.

[Rear Power Sliding Window], [Rear Window Defroster].
Rear Power Sliding Window+Rear Window Defroster-Clear Tinted Glass All Windows. [Rear Power Sliding Window], [Rear Window Defroster].

(Current price) $ 689.31

(Original price) $ 1,035.00
MSRP
I see thx. I wish we would know what improvements were made over the previous part numbers

Merlin

Reaction score
Well, brought the truck back this morning. It leaked bad. I pointed out where and sent pics yesterday and a video. The glass guy didn't even seal it right, and it doesn't defrost in spots. The lines are broken in parts. Thanks for all the input, the shop owner said it will be done right, and he is livid. Not as mad as me, but Im trying to stay calm. Ill update in a few days. I would have been better off with the broken glass covered and waited for Safelite. Insurance wont pay what they should so I got double screwed. Another life lesson learned.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, brought the truck back this morning. It leaked bad. I pointed out where and sent pics yesterday and a video. The glass guy didn't even seal it right, and it doesn't defrost in spots. The lines are broken in parts. Thanks for all the input, the shop owner said it will be done right, and he is livid. Not as mad as me, but Im trying to stay calm. Ill update in a few days. I would have been better off with the broken glass covered and waited for Safelite. Insurance wont pay what they should so I got double screwed. Another life lesson learned.
Insurance will pay what Safelite quoted. If your shop charges more, and isnt a certified shop under your insurance company, can't expect insurance to cover the extra. I skip Safelite as well but that's is more because they won't send a mobil tech out to my house, even for chip repairs. But the local mom/pop shop I go to is covered under my policy. I did have issue with USAA no submitting the payment to the shop the last time I used them. Seems he normal person who was covering glass claims was out sick for a few days and nobody else covered their stuff so a bunch of claims never got paid. And when they came back to work they never checked the backlog to see if it was taken care of

Merlin

Reaction score
Insurance will pay what Safelite quoted. If your shop charges more, and isnt a certified shop under your insurance company, can't expect insurance to cover the extra. I skip Safelite as well but that's is more because they won't send a mobil tech out to my house, even for chip repairs. But the local mom/pop shop I go to is covered under my policy. I did have issue with USAA no submitting the payment to the shop the last time I used them. Seems he normal person who was covering glass claims was out sick for a few days and nobody else covered their stuff so a bunch of claims never got paid. And when they came back to work they never checked the backlog to see if it was taken care of
I used my local mechanic, and he is under my insurance. I spoke with him this morning and he just texted me. He said he ordered a factory glass from Mopar and he should have the truck done Wednesday. He said he will keep it in the shop overnight as well and apologized for the aggravation. His mechanics didn't do any of the work, it was an outside glass company that he uses. And he told me this morning he probably will stop having work done by outside guys like this. I will post pics from the inside of my truck another time. But they gave me a loaner car at no cost for the mean time. I have been using this shop for over 20 years and they are fantastic, he is just as pissed as I am, and now its costing him money because of the glass guys ****ty work. I haven't posted any names of the shop because I won't do that unless they eff me over. Thanks for listening and posting guys and gals.

Merlin

Reaction score
The window is done, I picked it up last night. It is Mopar glass. It rained this morning heavily where I work and I went out after and checked and I didn't see any leaks. So hopefully this is the end of this part of my rams journey. I just took the tape off and I will clean it tomorrow.
PXL_20230912_230609144.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Better call Lasfit and ask for a replacement decal. You’ll be all set then. 🤣. But I think they send multiple decals in other colors with their LED’s. I think mine came with 3. Black, red, and a white one.

Merlin

Reaction score
Better call Lasfit and ask for a replacement decal. You’ll be all set then. 🤣. But I think they send multiple decals in other colors with their LED’s. I think mine came with 3. Black, red, and a white one.
I have another black sticker. lol, but I don't think Im going to put it on.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn't go back and check earlier posts, but if it's not here yet, rear window warranty has been extended. It's 8 or 10 years, and 100 or 125 thousand miles, i forget. If you paid for replacement, you are entitled to reimbursement. Not sure if they will cover exploding, or only leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread