5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hear a loud bang

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I looked and I don't see mopar listed. So I guess it isn't. So I will take it up with the shop monday. It's XYG so its aftermarket. I was wrong in the above posts. I guess its wait and see for leaks and quality. Not gonna lose sleep over it. Again Thank you. View attachment 166937

Yeah, definitely aftermarket but that might be a good thing. Here's what the label would look like if it was Mopar.

20230908_202739.jpg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If it ever happens to me, I’ll try that aftermarket one

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a replacement done today, it is different than what was in there. Im just letting it sit till tomorrow, I didn't even want to drive the mile and a half home. Here is a terrible pic I took when I got home. I will take more tomorrow, And the slider was connected backwards so I will go back and have it fixed this week. View attachment 166932
What company replaced it?

6of36

Reaction score
If it ever happens to me, I’ll try that aftermarket one
You would rather have that little port hole, than the new design they have? I had actually thought about a Ford, but the back window, and no bed boxes killed the thought.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You would rather have that little port hole, than the new design they have? I had actually thought about a Ford, but the back window, and no bed boxes killed the thought.
I barely ever use it so it wouldn’t bother me. I only use it so lessen the reverb when riding with the window down

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I barely ever use it so it wouldn’t bother me. I only use it so lessen the reverb when riding with the window down

I just crack open one of the back windows to get rid of the reverb. I wouldn't miss the slider either.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just crack open one of the back windows to get rid of the reverb. I wouldn't miss the slider either.

Window visors also eliminate the reverb. I can crack or lower just my driver window and now reverb after I installed my weather tech window visors.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Window visors also eliminate the reverb. I can crack or lower just my driver window and now reverb after I installed my weather tech window visors.

I had a set on a Jeep I bought used. On the way home, after the purchase, I realized the first thing I was going to do was rip them off. They just aren't for me. They obstruct your lateral vision and I don't like how they look. 😬

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with buffetting by opening only a front window.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with buffetting by opening only a front window.

I noticed I said now reverb. I mean now no reverb with the visors. Before the visors I had horrible reverb with only the driver window down.

6of36

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of the new rear window design? I did a few searches to no avail.
It sounded like it still looks the same, but I think the part number had a different suffix maybe. It was in another window leak thread, as I remember. I know the person posting said it was a change in June. I'm not even sure if it is only replacements, or only builds, or both. I only saw it in a post.

Users who are viewing this thread