5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headliner Leak

Devlin

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 2019 1500 and my wife pointed out to me today that I have the headliner leak. Like I said, the truck has 34k miles and is a 2019. Is this something that would be cover under warranty still? Also, the headliner is the tan color and the stains are very noticeable. Do they replace the headliner or do they clean it? Thanks for any info.

rws1944

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 2019 1500 and my wife pointed out to me today that I have the headliner leak. Like I said, the truck has 34k miles and is a 2019. Is this something that would be cover under warranty still? Also, the headliner is the tan color and the stains are very noticeable. Do they replace the headliner or do they clean it? Thanks for any info.
If its still under the original 3/36 it probably is. If it's out of the original warranty you're on your own. You didn't say where the leak is but there are lots of posts about leaking from third brake light, antenna, rear window surround and sun roof. Good luck with this.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
To answer your questions, they replaced mine when they repaired the leak and my dealer was quite thorough, replacing the window, 3rd brake light seal, antenna seal, headliner, and rear carpet kit. If you're still in the 36K original factory warranty, get it in ASAP!

Devlin

Reaction score
So I just called my dealer. My warranty expired in August and there isn't anything they can do. I feel that it's a bit ridiculous considering this is such a known problem.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ask FCA for a goodwill repair.

And look up the class-action lawsuit on this being filed in Michigan's federal court. (No link, I just know about it...because I was researching the leak I just discovered in my truck. )

Devlin

Reaction score
Ask FCA for a goodwill repair.

And look up the class-action lawsuit on this being filed in Michigan's federal court. (No link, I just know about it...because I was researching the leak I just discovered in my truck. )
I'll do that. I also just found that lawsuit a couple minutes ago while looking around online. Glad someone is trying to get that ball rolling.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Devlin,

We may be able to assist with this. Please send us a direct message with some more details so we can look into this with you!

Callie
Ram Cares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Excellent, Devlin! We look forward to assisting you!

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online