5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Modes

Foofee99

Reaction score
Does anybody have a video of the Tazer dark mode in action? I'd like to see it working before I fork over the cash for one.
Did you ever end up getting one? Heard Dark mode only works while vehicle is in park ..not motion. Dumb

MI_Skibum

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FCA is working on a fix for the issue of not being able to turn off the headlights while the truck is moving? Every time I arrive at a campground late at night I feel terrible. In every other vehicle I've ever had, I could turn off the headlights and find my campsite using just the running lights (or fog lights, or both). Having those LEDs blazing away is a real problem for lots of us that tow trailers or have truck campers and arrive after dark... I can't use the Ebrake when I'm driving 10 mph...

HitmanHugh

Reaction score
When I first got my 2019 Ram it was like this, OFF switch on the light dial didn't turn off everything, but now it turns off all the lights but I still can't dim the dash while it's set to OFF. Pretty dumb. Also I didn't do anything to change it, the OFF switch just randomly started working one day.

EDIT: Update, I actually tried this after I got off work the night I posted this and the lights stay on! No matter what setting I use in the lights section. No stealth missions in this truck I guess :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Carl

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my headlights to turn all the way off. I went to a drive-in movie and had to keep my truck shut off with no sound due to this. Does anyone know how to turn off all exterior lighting with the vehicle running and/or in accessory mode? I can't get the "outline" around the headlights to shut off, I've tried everything I can think of.
2020 problem still not addressed. if you turn on the DRL all the lights will always be on. I couldnt shut off the lights at all.....Daytime turned off but they stay on....and then you can use the manual light switch however manual or auto.

Carl

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FCA is working on a fix for the issue of not being able to turn off the headlights while the truck is moving? Every time I arrive at a campground late at night I feel terrible. In every other vehicle I've ever had, I could turn off the headlights and find my campsite using just the running lights (or fog lights, or both). Having those LEDs blazing away is a real problem for lots of us that tow trailers or have truck campers and arrive after dark... I can't use the Ebrake when I'm driving 10 mph...
if you turn off daytime running....uncheck da box...you can use the light switch, but if you check DRLs box all the lights will NOT turn off ever while running. Proven fact. open issue.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if you turn off daytime running....uncheck da box...you can use the light switch, but if you check DRLs box all the lights will NOT turn off ever while running. Proven fact. open issue.
The headlights run at 50% brightness when used as DRLs. So the switch still makes a difference, but it won’t shut them off completely without disabling their use as DRLs.

murderedout

Reaction score
Sounds like you had DRL turned on in UConnect. With engine running the headlights would then be on in a low mode.
Just go into UConnect and disable Daytime Running Lights.
I looked all over the Uconnect and there’s no such feature

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
at the movies, pop the hood, drape an old t shirt over each headlight, close hood securing shirts. bam problem solved (only at the drive in).

Ready Go

Reaction score
Little bit of the otherside of the spectrum...
Does anyone know if the "delay" time for the headlights can be timed for the "Headlight/Foglights ON" position of the Lights Dial??
NOT the AUTO Headlights position, the ON position.
In my Challenger, I have my headlight dial set to ON so that when I start the car, ALL lights (head, fog, tail, running) come on and then "time out" about a minute after shutting off the car.
The DT Ram 1500 will do that same thing, but the lights stay on 8 minutes (I timed it) which is a bit long-ish..would like 3 minutes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread