5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Modes

ReliX10

Reaction score
I'm 15 minutes from a 5 screen all digital drive-in. First movie with the new Ram wasn't quite cold enough to snow, but cold enough to want the engine on from time to time. The car in front of me did not appreciate the DRL's in his rear view mirror. Overall, my only disappointment so far.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Wow, drive in movies, I remember those. Had a lot of fun as a teenager. :) No automatic headlights back then.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm 15 minutes from a 5 screen all digital drive-in. First movie with the new Ram wasn't quite cold enough to snow, but cold enough to want the engine on from time to time. The car in front of me did not appreciate the DRL's in his rear view mirror. Overall, my only disappointment so far.

Put your parking brake on disengages them.

M

Mdegen93

Get a tazerDT. It has a dark mode that shuts off every light including the uconnect screen

Jaret

Reaction score
I have same problem. Any help from Ram on this would be greatly appreciated.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I had to go out for an errand tonight so I tested this before I left, in the garage. With the engine running, with the light switch in the off position, the DRLs off in my Uconnect, and the e-brake on, my light strips are still on but dim. FYI the ebrake on or off made no difference in the strip brightness. With the DRLs on in Uconnect, and the light switch in the off position, the light strips are on a bit brighter, then with the e-brake on, they dim as above. Strange. Bottom line is I couldn't get the strips off no matter what I tried.

Tones1975

Reaction score
I love taking the family to the drive in but now with the new 2019 rebel, I've not only got the strip lights on outside but ive also got the dash lit up like a spotlight in my face. Dash dimmer only works with the headlights on which is obviously not an option. There are alot of times at the drive in where you want to run the truck periodically but can't due to not having the ability to turn off the exterior lighting 100%. I'm pretty sure the Tazer DT will work but it's a few hundred dollars just to be able to shut off a few lights; seems nuts that there's no way to accomplish this without a Tazer.

rah6887

Reaction score
Funny I've been trying to figure out how to turn mine completely off all evening, then this thread pops up.
What good is an *OFF* switch setting.
Oh, I have a Drive-In 5 minutes from my house, guess I'll get the headlights tinted.

Pyramid Ram

Reaction score
Can you program the Tazer to change the white to orange while driving?
The 18's and before have such a bright orange DRL that looks great going down the road!

Allgim

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my headlights to turn all the way off. I went to a drive-in movie and had to keep my truck shut off with no sound due to this. Does anyone know how to turn off all exterior lighting with the vehicle running and/or in accessory mode? I can't get the "outline" around the headlights to shut off, I've tried everything I can think of.
I just came upon this during my research on other matters. On my 2019 Ram 5500, all the DRLs go out when you set the parking brakes. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread