5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone vinyl wrapped a Limited grille on a non-black truck?

whmoyers3

Reaction score
I found the Limited grill to be "busy". I really like the Laramie Sports Grill, but that's not an option and it wont fit the Limited. Next best thing is the Longhorn Grill that DOES fit. All sensors work perfectly as well as the camera. The trick is to get the right parts. To do that, I had my dealer look up the VIN for a Longhorn with 360 cameras.

Do you happen to have that part number? That looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a Limited Maximum Steel and I am replacing the grille with a Longhorn Grille which I have had painted body color. I made the decision to paint as the vinyl shop could not find an exact match for the Maximum Steel. The paint job was $650 as opposed to a "close match" with vinyl for about $350. I love the result!
How much was the grille and all needed hardware (minus paint job)?

rockerdan

Reaction score
Does anyone know, if a new grill is ordered or the brow section.....can they be ordered in your color of choice?

I was very disappointed to see the first '20s arrive with the ''night edition'' package, showing the grill and entire brow section all black(on all color trucks). I had been wanting black wheels, badges,lights ect....But want body color front end(grill/brow). IMO it just does not look good, especially on the lighter color trucks.

'20 White and Crystal shown below.

Dan

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.47.14 AM.png 3.jpg

976-HIKE

Reaction score
Disagree... I hate chrome and like blacked-out stuff, moreso than body color. I think the popularity of blacked-out off-road trucks like Rebel/Raptor/PW/TRDPro etc is causing some of their design choices to bleed into other trims.

pensfan

Reaction score
The brow on the Night Edition should be body color. It looks like the wrong part was put on in production..I saw a few guys either on this site or another and they painted the brow. Looks a lot better.
Overall the brow is the design feature I dislike the most about these trucks. It dominates the front end in a bad way. The hood badges are right below the brow in my dislikes

osheadude

Reaction score
I disagree, I very much like the night/midnight package on the bright white.
Just bought a 2020 1500 laramie w/chrome options and plan on wrapping the chrome grill/brow and swapping out the badges for the black ones, love the look all together, very stormtroopery

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The brow on the Night Edition should be body color. It looks like the wrong part was put on in production..I saw a few guys either on this site or another and they painted the brow. Looks a lot better.
Overall the brow is the design feature I dislike the most about these trucks. It dominates the front end in a bad way. The hood badges are right below the brow in my dislikes
Disagree, but we're all different so it's ok. I like how the black looks on the white (or any other color).

Users who are viewing this thread