5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone vinyl wrapped a Limited grille on a non-black truck?

bbetts00

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of black trucks that had the upper and lower chrome grille appliques wrapped in matte black, and I've seen a couple that were painted to match body color. Has anyone with a non-black Limited wrapped their grill? If so, I would love to see pics. Trying to decide whether to paint (body color) or wrap (matte black) the grille appliques on my Granite Crystal Limited.

Last edited:

kdnyegaard

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of black trucks that had the upper and lower chrome grille appliques wrapped in matte black, and I've seen a couple that were painted to match body color. Has anyone with a non-black Limited wrapped their grill? If so, I would love to see pics. Trying to decide whether to paint (body color) or wrap (matte black) the grille appliques on my Granite Crystal Limited.

I have a Limited Maximum Steel and I am replacing the grille with a Longhorn Grille which I have had painted body color. I made the decision to paint as the vinyl shop could not find an exact match for the Maximum Steel. The paint job was $650 as opposed to a "close match" with vinyl for about $350. I love the result!

CRAM!

Reaction score
I have a Limited Maximum Steel and I am replacing the grille with a Longhorn Grille which I have had painted body color. I made the decision to paint as the vinyl shop could not find an exact match for the Maximum Steel. The paint job was $650 as opposed to a "close match" with vinyl for about $350. I love the result!
Could you post a photo or two of your truck?

bbetts00

Reaction score
Wow, looks great! Why did you decide to swap the grill rather than just painting the stock Limited grill? Do you have the Advanced Safety Group, and do all of your sensors/cameras still work? Where did you get the grill, and how much did it cost (pre-paint)?

kdnyegaard

Reaction score
Wow, looks great! Why did you decide to swap the grill rather than just painting the stock Limited grill? Do you have the Advanced Safety Group, and do all of your sensors/cameras still work? Where did you get the grill, and how much did it cost (pre-paint)?
I found the Limited grill to be "busy". I really like the Laramie Sports Grill, but that's not an option and it wont fit the Limited. Next best thing is the Longhorn Grill that DOES fit. All sensors work perfectly as well as the camera. The trick is to get the right parts. To do that, I had my dealer look up the VIN for a Longhorn with 360 cameras.

Drewdidit

Reaction score
I wrapped the entire truck in matte black but that grill I had to pass on. I think it would be to many pieces and just wouldn't look good. Good luck on your decision.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did some overlays that leave the edges chrome, and the faces black or body/reflective color.

Attachments

• 0329191612_HDR.jpg
    0329191612_HDR.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 625
  • 0329191612.jpg
    0329191612.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 606

staffcurtis

Reaction score
I just saw you posted your original limited grill on ebay. If you get a good price, I may do the same for mine. I think yours is the best looking for the limited I've seen so far.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Anyone have the part number on the Longhorn grille that will work on the limited?

Users who are viewing this thread