5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Anyone Try 2019 RAM Retrofit Headlights?

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Dammit! Thanks for the heads up tho!
You’re welcome. Trust me there’s like 2 or three forums on this exact question and a lot of people wanted to swap over the assembly...me included. The only thing you can do is contact a retrofitting company so they could customize your headlights

Hadaway35

Reaction score
For some reason it would not allow me to add a picture to the chat
I installed all the LED headlights today. I installed the resistors on the wires you had mentioned. And I still cannot get the switchbacks to stop hyper flashing. Did you install one resistor per side. Or did you have to install 1 on the "flashing"wire and one on the "constant on"wire.. I've had switchbacks in every vehicle I've ever owned and none of them have ever been as much of a pain in the ***.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
I installed all the LED headlights today. I installed the resistors on the wires you had mentioned. And I still cannot get the switchbacks to stop hyper flashing. Did you install one resistor per side. Or did you have to install 1 on the "flashing"wire and one on the "constant on"wire.. I've had switchbacks in every vehicle I've ever owned and none of them have ever been as much of a pain in the ***.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
That’s really strange. I did one per side. I’m gonna gonna have to take mine apart one of these days to double check. I know I did those two wires. Spliced one end into the colored wire then the other into the negative or ground wire.

SB89

Reaction score
i tinted my tail lights and this is exactly what I need! did you need a resistor for it as well?
Nope. Plug and play. Takes 5 minutes for each tail light. Not sure how tints would effect the ouput, but the reverse lights are very bright.

crazy5gen

Reaction score
I see hidretrofitkit came out with new models for our 5th gen 1500. Should i swap the lights to those ? Im planning on getting them but in all black,i love these ones for sure

. Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.26.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.27.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.27.10 AM.png

ijanderson29

Reaction score
I see hidretrofitkit came out with new models for our 5th gen 1500. Should i swap the lights to those ? Im planning on getting them but in all black,i love these ones for sure

. View attachment 59201 View attachment 59202 View attachment 59203
Curious if you ever made the switch to these from HIDretrofitkit? They have some pricey options but they look awesome. Also i heard you can send them your headlights and they will take $300 off the cost and turn yours into them.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Curious if you ever made the switch to these from HIDretrofitkit? They have some pricey options but they look awesome. Also i heard you can send them your headlights and they will take $300 off the cost and turn yours into them.

If you send your housing they won't charge you the $1500 for a set. You'll still pay $1K for the retrofit (but you won't have any headlights until they get back :D )

ijanderson29

Reaction score
If you send your housing they won't charge you the $1500 for a set. You'll still pay $1K for the retrofit (but you won't have any headlights until they get back :D )
Luckily I have an extra set of OEM chrome halogen headlights that I haven't been able to sell. Only replaced them with the Night Edition halogens (replaced with LED Bulbs). But ultimately I want a better upgrade so they could have my old OEM halogen's.

Users who are viewing this thread