5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Anyone Tried the Weigh Safe Hitch Ball?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
This is a tow ball with a builtin scale: https://www.weigh-safe.com/product/universal-tow-ball/

WSUN-3.jpg

Lslblues

Reaction score
I had a weigh safe drop hitch and it worked great. Towed a 10,000 pound trailer where hitch weight could vary a lot based on how it was loaded.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Here is some discussion about it. A few other posts do as well.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it’s a great idea however if you use an anti rattle device it won’t work. Since the anti rattle devices press the shaft of the hitch into the receiver, the weight sensor will not work.

Just food for thought if you use an anti rattle device

ram1991

Reaction score
I've been looking at these. For those with a non-lifted 1500. What drop/raise did you buy on the adjustable?

Stickerhead

Reaction score
I have a 4” drop that was on my F250. I bought a new 2” shaft to convert it for my 19’ Limited. Probably about right in the upper holes but all trailers are different. Good hitch but pricey

Reaction score
I think this is a good idea but I don't have a chance to try it because I bought a hitch Clamp Anti-Rattle for my trailer. It is a good hitch which is easy to install and compatible with the most model and makes of vehicles. Someone can try it.

Last edited:

Boston

Reaction score
Possibly not going to have the space to use if you have a WDH

Users who are viewing this thread