5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone successfully used JScan to add Auto High Beams?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,
I know a lot of power AlfaOBD users are on here. I am curious if anyone has used JScan to add AutoHigh beams. I believe I should have all the hardware. I have FCW and Autodim mirror

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello,
I know a lot of power AlfaOBD users are on here. I am curious if anyone has used JScan to add AutoHigh beams. I believe I should have all the hardware. I have FCW and Autodim mirror
It's not that great of an option. Any reflection from road signs dims the lights. Constantly changes low high low high. I disabled it.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm good to know, thank you. Maybe I am not missing much. I was looking for it because I am catching myself forgetting to dim the high beams but interestingly, I am not often getting flashed. In this truck, the high beams do throw some light out further but seem to leave me in the dark closer up, which is why I enabled the setting to keep the foglights on with high beam. Just kind of weird.

6of36

Reaction score
Hmmm good to know, thank you. Maybe I am not missing much. I was looking for it because I am catching myself forgetting to dim the high beams but interestingly, I am not often getting flashed. In this truck, the high beams do throw some light out further but seem to leave me in the dark closer up, which is why I enabled the setting to keep the foglights on with high beam. Just kind of weird.
I'm all for the fogs with high beams. Haven't gotten around to doing that mod on anything yet, but plan on it.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
You do have all the hardware. To get auto high beams working with Jscan, you’ll need to choose a Jeep Gladiator JT as the vehicle. Then go to adaptation, then auto headlamp & auto highbeams settings:
Auto High Beam CSM On/Off- ACTIVE
Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM
Auto High Beam On/Off- ACTIVE

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do have all the hardware. To get auto high beams working with Jscan, you’ll need to choose a Jeep Gladiator JT as the vehicle. Then go to adaptation, then auto headlamp & auto highbeams settings:
Thank you Jimmy..I will give that a try.

n8zcc

Reaction score
It's not that great of an option. Any reflection from road signs dims the lights. Constantly changes low high low high. I disabled it.
I do agree with you but not on the current models. My 2013 auto high beams had so many false positives the feature was worthless. On my 2022, no false positives, they work perfectly.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I normally don't use auto high beams because I can do much better toggling them on/off myself, but my '21 Laramie is impressive. They work flawlessly.

6of36

Reaction score
I do agree with you but not on the current models. My 2013 auto high beams had so many false positives the feature was worthless. On my 2022, no false positives, they work perfectly.
They must have made some improvements in 22, because even my 21 Durango still sucks.

6of36

Reaction score
My buddies 2019 Limited works as good as mine.
My 2019 sucked. You must not have reflective signs where you live. Everywhere I drive, the sign reflection dims the lights constantly. Can't use the auto dim.

6of36

Reaction score
By the way, my 2019 was a Laramie, with LEDs.

n8zcc

Reaction score
They must have made some improvements in 22, because even my 21 Durango still sucks.
I can only speak about my experience with auto high beams in a RAM 1500. I live deep in dirt road territory where roads are narrow and the reflection from roadside signage isn't triggering false positives like my 2013 RAM did.

6of36

Reaction score
I can only speak about my experience with auto high beams in a RAM 1500. I live deep in dirt road territory where roads are narrow and the reflection from roadside signage isn't triggering false positives like my 2013 RAM did.
Again, I have had 5 rams, only a couple with auto high. My last was a 19. My Durango is a 21. Someone said their 22 was good, so I stated they must have improved in 22 because my 21 Durango still sucked. All I can figure, is people who it works for, must not drive where the signs are very reflective. Every vehicle I had, that had the auto high, constantly dims when approaching street signs, and many porch or yard lights.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07 looks like it worked. I have not been out after dark to actually see it, but I do get the alert on screen that auto high beams is active. Thank you! Would you recommend using the JT setting for future adds or does it depend?

I really appreciate you chiming in to help. I know AlfaODB is your speciality but good to know you know something about JScan too!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07 looks like it worked. I have not been out after dark to actually see it, but I do get the alert on screen that auto high beams is active. Thank you! Would you recommend using the JT setting for future adds or does it depend?

I really appreciate you chiming in to help. I know AlfaODB is your speciality but good to know you know something about JScan too!
The reason I had you use JT as the vehicle is because those settings aren’t in the adaptations for Ram. The Jscan developer favors the gladiator for adding settings, but the main thing is, all those settings do the same things for all the FCA vehicles.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok..thank you. Thank you. Sounds like the developer could just as easily move all the JT settings over to the Ram, they just choose not to

n8zcc

Reaction score
Again, I have had 5 rams, only a couple with auto high. My last was a 19. My Durango is a 21. Someone said their 22 was good, so I stated they must have improved in 22 because my 21 Durango still sucked. All I can figure, is people who it works for, must not drive where the signs are very reflective. Every vehicle I had, that had the auto high, constantly dims when approaching street signs, and many porch or yard lights.
I don't have the resources to measure road signage reflectivity nor do I have an interest. All I know is my 2013 RAM, because of false positives, the auto high beam wasn't useable. On my 2022 it works flawlessly on the same roadways.

We are both in Michigan, I'm north of Rochester and west of Romeo. The signs MDOT has around me doesn't trigger false positives. If your area isn't too far away, I'd be happy to try out my auto high beams in your area to see if the difference can be discovered.

6of36

Reaction score
I don't have the resources to measure road signage reflectivity nor do I have an interest. All I know is my 2013 RAM, because of false positives, the auto high beam wasn't useable. On my 2022 it works flawlessly on the same roadways.

We are both in Michigan, I'm north of Rochester and west of Romeo. The signs MDOT has around me doesn't trigger false positives. If your area isn't too far away, I'd be happy to try out my auto high beams in your area to see if the difference can be discovered.
Around Houghton and Higgins lakes. Pure darkness without lights, so porch lights trigger it too.

Users who are viewing this thread