5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone removed these grill inserts?

Srob85

Reaction score
Did you have to prep the inserts or did you just spray the matt black right over the chrome?

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Did you have to prep the inserts or did you just spray the matt black right over the chrome?

I prepped them by lightly sanding with 280 grit paper. Wiped down clean with thinner and then 4 coats of each paint. I do wish they were a little darker. The paint turned out good tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RightCoastEcon

Reaction score
c2a7413c6eaa1213398b2fb613fa0da2.jpg

Here it is. Now, just got to do something with the chrome tow hooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, do you happen to have a picture of what the truck looked like with everything else black except those chrome inserts? I have a laramie with the sport appearance package so my grille is all black except the ram badge. Im kind of trying to keep/ add some chrome/ silver accents. Cant seem to find a photo of an all black truck with just the chrome grille inserts. I worry that them being a snap on piece will make them too thick for what im trying to do and wont look right with everything else black?

20211015_153052.jpg 20211112_101026.jpg 20211112_081804.jpg

Stalee679

Reaction score
Do these fit over the bighorn slots? I’m looking to swap the grill on my bighorn for a laramie type and this might be my best route. TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread