5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone removed these grill inserts?

2015MustangGT

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has removed these grill inserts and how? It looks like they separate from the main grill. I’d like to remove them to have them vinyl wrapped.

Thank you!
72FEF051-DD7B-4D01-9F4B-390D3F9D670D.jpeg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has removed these grill inserts and how? It looks like they separate from the main grill. I’d like to remove them to have them vinyl wrapped.

Thank you!
View attachment 54310
They are a part of the grille.
I installed grille overlays so I think you can buy the chrome overlays and wrap them..

2015MustangGT

Reaction score
They are a part of the grille.
I installed grille overlays so I think you can buy the chrome overlays and wrap them..

Thank you MannyHen! I ordered the overlays yesterday. How do you like them? I’m hoping for more of a brushed stainless finish so the thought of the vinyl wrap. I wondered if these took the place of the inserts, guess not.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you MannyHen! I ordered the overlays yesterday. How do you like them? I’m hoping for more of a brushed stainless finish so the thought of the vinyl wrap. I wondered if these took the place of the inserts, guess not.
I really like them
They are of high quality and they look great, very easy to install, just snaps on and you're done.
And no, they don't replace the insert, they are overlays. IMG_20200412_011113_960.jpg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

whip357

Reaction score
I really like them
They are of high quality and they look great, very easy to install, just snaps on and you're done.
And no, they don't replace the insert, they are overlays. View attachment 54320
I hate to sorta hijack this thread, but where did you acquire the red, white and blue RAM front grill decals ?? They look bad-a$$ !!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to sorta hijack this thread, but where did you acquire the red, white and blue RAM front grill decals ?? They look bad-a$$ !!
No problem lol...
You can find pretty much anything on eBay...
Here's a link for a ton of decal options for the DT:

The flag grille decal should be one of the first ones...

Jhall

Reaction score
I really like them
And no, they don't replace the insert, they are overlays. View attachment 54320
Almost went that direction but I chose the matte black billet replacement from APS. It was a pain to switch out

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Almost went that direction but I chose the matte black billet replacement from APS. It was a pain to switch out
Yup. What i did is by far the easiest upgrade grille wise.
Do you mind sharing some pics?

braggster

Reaction score
No problem lol...
You can find pretty much anything on eBay...
Here's a link for a ton of decal options for the DT:

The flag grille decal should be one of the first ones...
Looks like I am going to have to buy a few decals.

Bcryan

Reaction score
Wish I could find these in white. I have been trying to find someone to paint the stock ones on my truck and it’s like pulling teeth

smkirkpatrick

Reaction score
Wish I could find these in white. I have been trying to find someone to paint the stock ones on my truck and it’s like pulling teeth

I bet you can find white decals to go over on ebay. I had a rebel I bought red letters for and they fit great. It would be the same as the USA flag decals earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread